Notices

Acura racing parts (Like Toyota's TRD)

Old 03-04-2003, 06:53 PM
j2theb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't own a Corolla S. I wanted it cause it looked like a lexus and it left me a lot of money to put into aftermarket parts. I actually have a 98 accord right now. But I'm seriously considering the RSX. I haven't test driven the RSX yet, but I doubt it will blow me away, as I've already driven a WRX .
Old 03-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Jokieman31

Default No excitement

Well there's no excitement in driving a corolla. I drove one for two years. Bleah.

A celica GT-S maybe, but the RSX Type S would still out horsepower it.

and, the rsx has a better interior. imo.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:23 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally posted by j2theb
Well I don't own a Corolla S. I wanted it cause it looked like a lexus and it left me a lot of money to put into aftermarket parts. I actually have a 98 accord right now. But I'm seriously considering the RSX. I haven't test driven the RSX yet, but I doubt it will blow me away, as I've already driven a WRX .

Apples to apples bro. WRX- AWD, Turbo, Subaru : RSX- n/a, FWD, refined interior, still holds its own in the twisties, ACURA reliability
Old 03-05-2003, 08:14 PM
K i o n
TrackDemon

the RSX won't blow you away, its as fast as the celica GT-S with a better powerband, slight handling disadvantage, and the WRX blows em both outta the water, yes, hehe

if you're implying that you'd confuse a corolla with an IS300 that just aint happenin, hehe. financially i'd say its a lot worse of an idea than it might seem... first off is the TRD supercharger even released for the corolla? lets pretend it is tho nonetheless... the corolla S is priced at ~$14,500? yeah that does leave money for a supercharger... so you toss the SC on and you're faster than a base RSX, slower than a type S... at least from what i gather (approx 50HP gain being optimistic, that'd put you at about 170-180)

now what? you still have a fairly inadequate stock econobox fuel system that you can't modify unless you wanna screw with the warranty you're trying to save... but say its fast enough for ya, you're still only faster than an RSX, a stock corolla S still wont outhandle or outbrake a base RSX, and that surely factors into performance as well. additionally don't forget resale value, a stock RSX will probably be easier to chuck than a forced induction corolla, hehe... i'd gather that most people looking for a used corolla aren't interested in performance, try saying that about people looking for used civics hehe

btw, dont forget the TRD supercharger only rolls into your warranty if you get it installed by a toyota dealership, which will surely cost you shizzloads more than if you'd get it at a 3rd party shop
Old 03-06-2003, 05:57 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Default Re: acura

Slower than molasses, until I put the TRD supercharger on it, which I was thinking about. With the SC the Corolla S would EAT an Acura RSX.
Carolla with a super charger, :barf: what the hell is the point of that? :screwy:
ok, how about I spend the same amount you do on your supercharger on my rsx. A TRD has to be at least 3k, so I'll get a drag or hks turbo kit and see what happens from there.
:woowoo:

SKOOIE!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 07:57 PM
krisp911

get real.

some of you people need a trip into reality.

the new corolla XRS has the same power as the last gen GS-R.
AND 10 more HP than the Civic Si.

ALL NEW Corollas(including the XRS) are FASTER than ALL the new Civics.

Corolla w/ an S/C?

hmm, how about a Civic w/ a turbo?

same thing.

WHEN the Hype-R gets here, THEN we'll talk about whos faster.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:48 PM
twin3037

the corrola s may have the same power as the gs-r at the flywheel but i guarntee for one that the integra makes more to the wheels. t also out handels, out brakes, out looks, and out performes in everyway, while u stll may have the same power we have a much ebtter transmision thats. What honda is known for their trannys and vtec. oh wait i forgot we also ave vtec which gives us better trque both low and high a gs-r would rape your corrola s as would a civic si you wouldn't stand a chance in any catagory
Old 12-28-2003, 08:51 PM
krisp911

...hahahah...

thats saying alot for a car that hasnt been tested yet.

ANYWAYS, what you wanna talk about a slow current SI? the older one was faster.

please. honda is known for motors, not transmissions. you wanna talk? a 98-00 toyota corolla has like 90% flywheel to ground HP ratio. and those are the "slow"ones.

oh cmon now...vtec vs vvtL-i? please.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:20 AM
twin3037

a gs-r will kill your corrola s and the old si's will will also win against it and saying honda tranny's arn't great u ever drivin a s2000 it's the best as it gets it's so amazing jsut try it. your corrola is not made for speed it's a famillly that weighs more and is not geared for the fast acceleration. If u want a fast car buy one don't buy a economy car
Old 12-29-2003, 02:16 PM
krisp911

o

Last edited by krisp911; 04-04-2006 at 01:26 AM.