Notices

In the market for DC5...

Old 05-25-2007, 08:32 AM
D166thgen
CAPiTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the market for DC5...

Im trading the EJ8 in soon, and i have a guy looking for a DC2, or the integra DC5 chassis. While the s has the 200 hp and approx. 140 lb torque, the base version has similar torque, but 40 less hp. I understand that the compression ratios are different, and the type s has a high flow head equipped with roller rockers, along with cam phasing, and a different Vtec (i-vtec). But, say all the guy can find is the base DC5 (say no s's or GSRs are around), could i buy a set of OEM type s pistons, connecting rods, and a few other small items, and make the same numbers as the type s? Or is there something totally different in the head composition between the base's K20A3 (think thats right) and the s's K20A2? And does the base have the roller rockers and cam phasing, and if not, is that essential to achieve the type s's 40 more hp over the base model? Just wondering... If any info available, please answer.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:43 AM
D166thgen
CAPiTA

Anything? Im just wondering if i could buy the base RSX and make that power up with components similar to the RSX-S. Or if its not worth the trouble and headache, and just buy an s.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:30 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

there really completly different. For the money you would spend to make a base RSX into a type S youd have spent the difference in just buying a type S to start with. Go to clubrsx.com or ebay or craigslist or autotrader, there are no shortages of type S's just try doing a broader search range.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:41 PM
D166thgen
CAPiTA

Yeah i mean the type-s is at the top of the list for sure, but i was just wondering about the difference between the two motors. I probably wouldnt end up doing that anyway, just because of the money (kids never have much of it), but it just sparked my interest. I just didnt want to get too hyped up on the type-s (even though i already have) and have the guy not be able to find one. Thanks though.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:10 AM
gsrcrazy1
gsrcrazy1

if u can just leave the A2 behind and buy yourself the newer rsx...it has the z1 instead of the older A2 ...not a huge difference ...but it'll be nice to have...i'm probably going to sell my gsr for a down payment!! = ] ...just my .2 cents... =]