Notices

RSX; Defective air bags?

Old 05-19-2007, 10:13 PM
turbogeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX; Defective air bags?

I searched and didn't find a similar post. I have been in 2 wrecks in my RSX in which the front end took the butt of the damage, yet neither time have the airbags deployed. First wreck was a slow speed rear ender. Though slow, the a/c system had to be replaced, and the radiator along with the intake manifold were smashed. Second wreck was a head on collision at 40mph (max). It did less damage but being a head on collision I was concerned with the airbags not deploying.

Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe my wrecks have, just out of fluke, not triggered the airbags?
Old 05-20-2007, 05:41 AM
flyromeo3

the sensors are heing the bumper support I believe. Honda/Acuras tend to dive down anyway when braking so it could of been in that rear end colloision your car went under the other one bypassing the sensor.

is your car lowered?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:25 AM
turbogeo

Nope
Old 05-22-2007, 08:47 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

The low speed crash may have damaged the sensors for the airbags, it should have been replaced when the collision damage was repaired.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
turbogeo

Well I am still waiting to get it back. They were practically done, painted the f/r lip, and someone left it in the bake room too long and they warped. The new lips should already be in and I should have it by the end of this week.

Stopped by Acura and they told me to bring it by when I got it back.