Notices

02 RSX Type S Third Gear Grind Became More Pronounced After Dealer Had My Car

Old 03-20-2007, 05:41 AM
luvmyrsx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 RSX Type S Third Gear Grind Became More Pronounced After Dealer Had My Car

I have a 2002 RSX Type S with about 71,000 miles on it. Never had any problems with it.

I had my car at the dealership yesterday because there was a very odd noise coming from what sounded like the bottom of the car. I had some front end body work done on the car as the result of a small fender-bender and the odd noise started as soon as I drove away from the body shop.

They looked at my car and said two of my motor mounts had hairline cracks in them from the accident and they replaced those but the odd noise was still there. Someone else looked at it briefly but could not diagnose the problem. The body shop recommended I take it to the dealership at this point and that's what I did.

The dealership ran some diagnostics on my car and charged me 98 bucks for that and also said there was no oil in the crankcase and they had to put 4.5 quarts in it. They also said there was a small transmission leak and they put in some transmission fluid and they commented on the third gear grind and that I should keep an eye on it.

As soon as I drove away, I'd say that the grind is now far more pronounced than it ever was. I can't really say that it was nonexistent before I took it to the dealership but I would absolutely swear that it's now worse after the dealer looked at my car. I doubt my car is still under warranty but I will check when I get home tonight. I'd like some opinions from the group on my thoughts that the grind is now worse than it was before I took it to the dealership and can't I just not shift into third from now on? Yesterday, I tried to get into the habit of going from second to fourth and that seemed to work just fine. Downshifting from fourth to second, however, was not that great.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.