Notices

How much nitrous will the stock engine take?

Old 12-21-2006, 08:29 AM
speedfreak1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much nitrous will the stock engine take?

I've got an '05 RSX-S with AEM CAI and Tanabe Titanium Race Cat-back. I'm planning on K-Pro in the next month or two and want to know how much spray the 11:1 compression will support without taking my hood off.

Oh yeah, I'm installing a Quaife LSD and Exedy Stage 1 Clutch/Flywheel too, to help with getting the extra HP to the road. I'll also install a DEI CryO2 system with Intake/Fuel Rail/Sprayer in prep for turbo sometime in the future.
And on top of that I have a Mugen head gasket good for 11.4 compression, but feel it will be too much with the NX.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

nitrous is alot like boost...the biggest key is proper tunning...but im sure there is a certain amount of n2o that is too much.... especially on a stock motor dont do more than a 100shot IMO...me personally i wouldnt go over a 75shot and remember you only get about half the hp of the shot actually to the wheels so if you have a 75hp shot expect about 35-37hp to the wheels...that may not sound like alot but it helps....but im not nitrous expert :irock:
Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM
HATCHMAN82

i agree with mugen about tunnig is the key but if you get zex its a little safer than most juice kits because of their smart box its connected to the ecu so it reads the the fuel maps and cuts off at the right time