Notices

type s: strange steering feedback

Old 12-27-2005, 07:19 AM
dazzerjp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default type s: strange steering feedback

Hello,

I picked up my Type S today and i am very happy with it.

however, I having some strange experiences with the steering and wanted to know if anybody could help.

The car sort of pulls either left or right. It doesnt feel like the tracking as in my experience that only pulls one way. Also, the sensation is less of a pull, and more like the car is trying to assist me. i know it sounds strange, but it doesnt feel right.

I owned 4th and 5th gen preludes and those cars never did this. the car is brand new, so i cant understand it.

Its like i steering right and the power steering changes its weight, beocming heavier and holding the turned postion, so that i have to pull it back to centre.

apart from that, it drives like a dream

thanks

p.s. Does anybody have trouble with reversing. I line of sight is very restricted. Ive looked at some cameras for the back, at 1000 usd but thats a bit steep. are the sensors any good?

Last edited by dazzerjp; 12-27-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:59 PM
J-S2000

When Was The Last Time You Rotate Your Tires?
It Might Be Something Simple As That
Old 01-02-2006, 01:26 AM
waaBAAH

what size tires on on this vehicle? the wider the tire, the more acceptiable this pulling method your talking about. also...is this on acceleration or cruising? are you saying your car pulls right and left and is basically hard to keep in a straight line?