Notices

RSX-CRV big brake kit

Old 12-20-2005, 06:45 PM
rizalhoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX-CRV big brake kit

Hey, zup guys.

Im new with the forum, actually I got a question for Honda CRV but since I dont see any forums for CRV thats why I post in RSX cuz they have the closest and similar engine and stuff. similar not the same though.(So please mods feel free to move the thread to the proper forums)

Im building a 2005 Honda CRV;manual with K20 engine (Import from Japan),turbo, and it is ready in about a month time. been 6 months already. So i just need to ask if any of you know a big brake kit for RSX will it fit the CRV? cuz its kinda hard to find performance stuff for the CRV (I know im one crazy dumbass trying to mods a family car) thats why all these while Ive been modding the car using mostly RSX spec, like the low comp pistons by CP, the forged conrod by JG but the RSX spec cant fit on the engine so Im using conrod(got to mod the conrod a lil bit and the engine block to fit them) for b20 by JG, so yeah I just need a big brake kit for my CRV

If the RSX specs for big brake kit can fit on the CRV, please let me know cuz I got a deal of Endless big brake kit for RSX for about $1800 shipped from a friend in Japan (only for the front though, not the whole front and rear), but I need to confirm whether it can fit on the car or not.

Thanks in advance and please no hate peace

Rizal Hoo
Old 12-21-2005, 02:51 PM
crazy

What size wheels are you using (offset and diameter)? That'll have an effect on which brakes are compatible.

If you're looking for a big brake upgrade, Stoptech, Wilwood, or Powerslot would be the logical choice (if they fit, of course). Stay away from AEM's big brake kit because it seems to only have an effect on aesthetics, and Brembos are very, very, very expensive, I don't know a lot about Rotora's kit.

Anyhoo, shoot an email to Stoptech, from what I know of them, they haev good customer service.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:41 PM
rizalhoo

im using work euroline KH 19x8 with either 48 or 40 offset :P kinda forgot bout the offset

tires 255/40/19. but its kinda rub againts the rear fender, i think 255 kinda too wide..i ordered a 235 or 245 but the 255 tires came and firstly no problem, but now it is a problem since I use the H&R spring.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:43 PM
rizalhoo

Oh btw do u have the email for stoptech. Are they any good? sorry im not really familiar with Stoptech (honestly never heard of it before :P)
Old 12-22-2005, 12:56 PM
crazy

http://stoptech.com/company_info/contact.shtml

As far as I can see I don't think there should be an issue with fitment...and Stoptech is pretty well known in Auto-X circles.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:47 PM
rizalhoo

THANKS a lot bro, youve been a great help dood ! btw are we the only two users on the forums? LOL