Notices

Brake fluid replacement?

Old 11-04-2005, 04:10 PM
DBookatay
"Can I get a hoo-ha?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake fluid replacement?

This might sound like a stupid noobie question, buy here goes...

My chick brought her 03 RSX automatic (which she NEVER lets me touch, she said if I touch it it will end up "JDMed, either to nice to drive, or so taken apart that it will never be drivable again!" Bitch!!!) to Acura for its scheduled maintenance, (we bought it certified pre-owned so its still under warranty,) and they told her a long list of things that "needs" to be done to her car. 90% of them are bullshit that they were hoping she would said yes to because she's a girl, like changing her battery because its over 2 years old. (A battery that they tried to sell her for over $100.)

Anyway, the suggested that she have her brake fluid drained and replaced, for something like $125, so I told her that I would take care of it, since she was so insistent on it getting done. My question is how do I drain the fluid, is there a drain plug anywhere? I have access to a lift, so getting under it is no problem...

Is this recommended, or just another thing they were trying to make a quick buck off of?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:38 AM
waaBAAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how many miles? if that is all they offered then im assuming her brakes are ok....meaning pads rotors. i thnk they are just trying to sell you/her stuff that you relly dont need. look at the brake fluid...if it looks like coffee then yes...replace. if the color looks clear...then you should be ok. but if you wanted to drain the brake fluid, i would suggest the bleeder screws on the calpers themselves. you shoudlnt get out all the fluid (if you can great but just means more bleeding for you) but just think of it as a partial change of brake fluid.