Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself-50/)
-   -   tinting/smoking Tail lights , Quick Question.. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/234616-tinting-smoking-tail-lights-quick-question.html)

haris2887 05-04-2006 06:04 AM

tinting/smoking Tail lights , Quick Question..

hi,
i tinted my tail lights the other day and they turned out great, i sprayed clear coat on top as well to get it to shine like OEM finish...
now i have figured out that they are not Dark enough for me, i want to tint them more....
please tell me what method should i use ....

a) just add some more tintspray on top or the clear coat, and let it dry, and then add clear coat once its dry ...

b) sand the tail light (lightly ) first , with like 1000 grit sand paper and then use a plastic primer and then the tint spray to tint them , and finally add the clear coaat....

c) other please Specify ....:p

slintegra 01-22-2007 08:21 AM

u should be able to tint over the clear coat

aznpimpin89 01-22-2007 03:52 PM

I'm planning on tinting my tail lights. Did you sand your taillights first, then paint it? Or did you just clean the tailight with water and soap and and then paint it?

slintegra 01-26-2007 10:18 AM

when i tinted the taillights on my 96 civic before i crashed it i just cleaned and tinted..... use light coats

88_rex_si 07-24-2007 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by haris2887 (Post 2897071)
hi,
i tinted my tail lights the other day and they turned out great, i sprayed clear coat on top as well to get it to shine like OEM finish...
now i have figured out that they are not Dark enough for me, i want to tint them more....
please tell me what method should i use ....

a) just add some more tintspray on top or the clear coat, and let it dry, and then add clear coat once its dry ...

b) sand the tail light (lightly ) first , with like 1000 grit sand paper and then use a plastic primer and then the tint spray to tint them , and finally add the clear coaat....

c) other please Specify ....:p

what kind of tinit paint , and where can i get some

finch13 07-25-2007 08:07 AM

are you painting the interior or exterior of the lens? If the exterior i would paint it like a body part: lightly sand out scratches, tint, wet sand the tint lightly, 2x clear. otherwise, paint the interior if you can and just wash it with soap and water and tint away.

ironscepter 08-04-2007 08:35 PM

that's what i know as well -- 1000 grit then tint spray...

zharra 09-20-2007 12:46 AM

I'm just wondering if I could do the same on my honda headlight ?

pnthr30 09-20-2007 11:37 AM

Or, you could just go to a frabric store and get some thin gauge smoked vinyl, go at it with a heat gun and some rubbing alcohol and you would have a tint you could take off. Just another way to skin the cat.

dranom 10-15-2007 10:42 PM

can you just baked the tail light like a headlight?
ive done 5 cars w/ baked headlights and i was wondering if i can do it w/ tail lights too?