Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   Keyless entry problem - can't turn off alarm (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/259147-keyless-entry-problem-cant-turn-off-alarm.html)

ramosr2540 01-01-2007 07:28 AM

Keyless entry problem - can't turn off alarm

Hello,

The keyless entry system on my 2002 Accord is not working and I can't open the doors or start the car without setting off the alarm.

When I use the keyless transmitter the door locks won't open. I thought it was the transmitter's battery, so I tried the other transmitter and it couldn't open the door locks either.

I then opened the door with the key which set off the alarm and I tried to start the car with the key, but to no avail the ignition cutoff wouldn't let me start the car. I tried the other 2 keys that came with the car, but still no luck. Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks...

sibiryk 01-04-2007 08:37 AM

Is it a factory or aftermarket alarm system?

honda guy 01-04-2007 02:22 PM

sounds like gremlins

ramosr2540 01-06-2007 01:29 PM

Thank you for the reply. It's a factory installed alarm.

honda guy 01-06-2007 04:32 PM

So its an EX than and it has the red led by the drivers door lock knob?

ramosr2540 01-07-2007 07:24 PM

Yes, it has the red led by the driver's door lock knob.

stereo 01-07-2007 09:41 PM

have you tryed to unlocking the passenger side door to see if it disarms the alarm? since both transmitters don't seem to work check to see if the parking lights flash like it's getting the signal. if not try reprogramming them.

honda guy 01-08-2007 04:59 AM

Well the only think i can come up with is the switch on the end of the lock cylinder is broken. Either from someone slim jimming the door or someone tryied to break in. When u unlock the car with the key that switch on the end of the cylinder in the drivers door dissarms the system.

silversport 01-10-2007 08:32 AM

I had the same problem on my 99 Accord a year ago. Factory alarm. Only difference was that the key fob would sometimes unlock the passenger door but not the driver door. The car would usually start, sometimes not but it would set off the horn. The whole problem was intermittent. Turned out to be the passenger side multiplexer ($120 part, $180 to install). I think the install is pretty easy if you want to do it yourself. I can get the part # later today if you are interested.

ramosr2540 01-11-2007 03:25 AM

Sounds like my problem. Please send me part # and instructions if you have them when you get a chance. Thanks...

shipu7la 01-15-2007 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by silversport (Post 3315210)
I had the same problem on my 99 Accord a year ago. Factory alarm. Only difference was that the key fob would sometimes unlock the passenger door but not the driver door. The car would usually start, sometimes not but it would set off the horn. The whole problem was intermittent. Turned out to be the passenger side multiplexer ($120 part, $180 to install). I think the install is pretty easy if you want to do it yourself. I can get the part # later today if you are interested.

Yea please post the part number. Looking forward to replace mine too.

Bill.

silversport 01-16-2007 08:54 AM

sorry...

The part replaced was the Passenger Side Multiplex Control Unit.

Part # 38850-S84-A23.

This was for a 99 Accord EX 4-dr. My understaning is that the unit is different depending on trim level and # of doors (4 dr or 2 dr). So don't go by this part # alone.

Looking at the bill, Honda charged me $225 for labor!!! My understanding is that this is not a hard job, although I do not have any instructions. You do have to reprogram your remotes after replacing the unit....

Misa 01-16-2007 09:11 AM

dayum.... you got ripped off in labor charges.

silversport 01-16-2007 09:17 AM

it's not the first time I've taken it up the rear by a dealership, and probably won't be the last...

at the time, I was so relieved the they were able to diagnose the problem (was my third trip in for this problem, the first two times the car behaved while there) that I didn't really care. Normally I would have just ordered the part and done it myself...

Misa 01-16-2007 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by silversport (Post 3325120)
it's not the first time I've taken it up the rear by a dealership, and probably won't be the last...

at the time, I was so relieved the they were able to diagnose the problem (was my third trip in for this problem, the first two times the car behaved while there) that I didn't really care. Normally I would have just ordered the part and done it myself...

true.

i forgot that charge covered diagnostics :o