Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   Difference between EX,LX,DX (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/187889-difference-between-ex-lx-dx.html)

Nirvanaspartan 05-04-2005 09:25 PM

Difference between EX,LX,DX

Hello i always wanted to ask this question i always wanted to know what is the difference between the accords lx, ex and dx versions which one is better and which one is the worst?

AcuraFanatic 05-04-2005 09:39 PM

DX is the cheapiest of them all, then LX, then EX.

This varries from generation to generation, but for instance:

6th gen Accord

DX Crank windows, no moonroof, lost some painted body pieces
LX - Power everything, no mooroof, VTEC
EX - Moonroof, option of leather, power everything, etc.

EDIT: No such thing as a DX V6 :oh:

wedley2 05-04-2005 09:43 PM

thrs also the SE which is pretty pointless but it betweent he LX's and EX's

skabone69 05-05-2005 04:18 AM

EX comes with all wheel disc brakes, all other models come with rear drums.

2kAccord 05-05-2005 06:59 AM

SEs come at the end of the model year before honda changes the style, its an LX with EX features except rear discs. BTW this has been asked 87678943659874356 times, use the search next time.

Nirvanaspartan 05-06-2005 01:43 AM

OK thank you very much for your responses i will use this info on my next purchase very soon!

kmcaprice14 05-06-2005 02:31 AM

Get the EX... if only for the disc brakes in the rear. The drums are terrible. Good luck stopping from 85 on the freeway in anything less then like 600 feet. Its awful, not to mention dangerous.

Nirvanaspartan 05-06-2005 02:40 AM

HAHAHA i will keep that in mind.. Thanks

BONE 05-06-2005 06:13 AM

Get what you can afford there really isn't too much of a difference in stopping with disc in the rear opposed to drums. I personally have an EX and the reason why I chose the EX say over an LX is because of the alloy wheels, sunroof, side air bags, 6 disc in dash CD changer (01-02 models) and then the rear disc because cars look better with four wheel disc instead of disc/drum combo but the stopping distance is minimal between the two.

kmcaprice14 05-06-2005 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by BONE
Get what you can afford there really isn't too much of a difference in stopping with disc in the rear opposed to drums. I personally have an EX and the reason why I chose the EX say over an LX is because of the alloy wheels, sunroof, side air bags, 6 disc in dash CD changer (01-02 models) and then the rear disc because cars look better with four wheel disc instead of disc/drum combo but the stopping distance is minimal between the two.

The distance difference may be minimal, but with upgraded discs or a big brake kit, its significantly improved. For the LX you have to swap out the rear arms before upgrading the brakes.... Its just an extra step, and an extra hassle. Just shell out a little bit more now, to save yourself a little bit more later...

But good point BONE, I really didn't specify exactly what I meant.

Plus you get a little better engine... kinda a big deal if you arent planning on doing a swap or turbo.

blacknight07601 05-09-2005 10:57 AM

Definitely get the EX. It's pretty cheap for the available/Standard options. I went with the EX but without the Leather and opted for the manual tranny. I didn't want leather cause during the summertime, the interior will be hot as hell.

buster133 05-09-2005 04:50 PM

I have a EX V6 and a 4Cyl EX because I like to be fully loaded. I don't think it was mentioned earlier, but the LX V6 models come standard with 4 wheel disc brakes and ABS.

ItsaHonda 05-10-2005 09:54 AM

thrs also the SE which is pretty pointless but it betweent he LX's and EX's>>>

Prior to the 5th gen, the SE was above the EX in the model lineup. During the 4th gen, the SE was available in 1991 and 1993 and was the top of the line Accord both years.

In 1993, the SE offered dual air bags... which wasn't offered on any other Accord until the redesign in 1994.

5th gen and later, the SE was only available at the end of the model year and was an LX dressed with factory add-on accesories and a moonroof.

Otherwise, the DX is the base model, LX is the mid-level and the EX is top shelf.