Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   integra electric hatch stuck? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/154810-integra-electric-hatch-stuck.html)

brothalynchhung 09-06-2004 09:00 AM

integra electric hatch stuck?

Yo, I got a integra with the electronic hatch u know the little lever in the back that u move to the side and it opens anyway i do that i can hear the relay and possibly the motor trying to move its just not poping the latch, Any ideas??? if the latch is broke or the motor how do i even get the damn thing open to change it?

carta79 09-06-2004 09:20 AM

I don't have a hatch, but if I did I would stick my key in and turn hard. :D

brothalynchhung 09-06-2004 10:47 AM

Heh, nahh its electric all the key does is lock or unlock the locks... its electric has a switch in the back under the hatch the relay clicks and the motor does something but no open... is weird shii

TheOtherDave™ 09-06-2004 11:06 AM

I could have sworn that from the factory, the 94-01 Integra had a cable-operated remote trunk release.

All you had to do was lift up on a small lever near the drivers seat, and the cable would trip a lever, unlocking the trunk.

Now, if someone installed an electric solenoid as part of a keyless entry system, then it's certainly possible that the solenoid itself has failed. Also, the cable may have snapped or disengaged from the lock.

Open the hatch from the outside using your key, then remove the trim panel that covers the back of the trunk. The lock is bolted to the inside - obviously - and you'll be able to visually inspect the lock and related components.

brothalynchhung 09-06-2004 04:36 PM

No, this is a stock feature. Not added, the fuel is the only in car lever its big and takes up the whole area where on older integras had both trunk/fuel. I can take a picture if you dont understand. But im certain its a stock feature. it is absolutly cable less and i can hear the motor doing something i think its jammed

Tobra 09-06-2004 10:03 PM

What year is the car?

FA9S8U 09-06-2004 10:07 PM

My '01 Integra has that...I was shocked when I first saw it, it also has the key lock I would try and unlock it useing the key and see if you can remove the trim and see what is up!

brothalynchhung 09-07-2004 07:30 AM

its 2001 integra type r

1funride 09-07-2004 12:06 PM

I have the same prob with my 99 LS. I have taken out the side and back panels to see what's up. Everything is connected. Although I saw there is a little black box mounted on the side where the antenna is and am wondering if that part could have gone bad. I think it is an acuator, but not sure since I don't have a repair manual. If any body does have a repair manual your help would be greatly be appreciated :p

brothalynchhung 09-07-2004 06:30 PM

Yeah its pissin me off, someone has to have had this problem so POST U BASTAGE =P

99IntegraGS 09-07-2004 06:33 PM

I have a '99 Integra GS and have been experiencing the same problem with my electronic hatch lock. I read a post by an Acura technician saying they always replaced the actuator assembly when they came across this problem. I assume he meant if the electronic lock is still working. I can still hear my lock working, so I'm probably going to order part # 74840-ST7-A01 (ACTUATOR ASSY.) from Sunnyside Acura (http://acuraparts247.com) sometime soon (item number 25 in the picture).

http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnysi...ST70_B5502.gif

brothalynchhung 09-07-2004 07:13 PM

Good deal... But.. one thing how the hell do you get in it if its stuck shut heh i got 4 12's and 5 amps back there hehe its gonna be a bitch huh. i guess im gonna have to take it apart peice by peice and slide it all out my passenger door? Thanks for the post 99IntegraGS

99IntegraGS 09-07-2004 07:21 PM

Is it stuck, or does the electronic latch just not work? I can open mine with the key by turning the key clockwise and lifting the hatch while holding the key.

FA9S8U 09-07-2004 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by brothalynchhung
its 2001 integra type r

It's an Integra RS with vtec, some headwork, a LSD, and pretty interiror...everything else is the same!

brothalynchhung 09-08-2004 06:55 AM

what is

joebenz 09-08-2004 01:53 PM

i think i have the same problem. i can unlock everything with my power door locks, but when i try to open the trunk with the lever, it doesnt work. i have to use my key to open the trunk and use the lever at the same time. so try that to get the trunk open.

brothalynchhung 09-08-2004 04:33 PM

Yeah it opens with the damn key, just never used the key before to open it heh i thought it just locked and unlocked the doors but u turn a little more and it pops the hatch but still thats weak shiii i needs to get that part homeboy told me bout above a little.

WackyRicky 09-09-2004 06:06 AM

my car has the same problem. i can still open the hatch by doing the same as joe. but i thought it was normal for integras! dah. i have my interior pieces stripped for my major mod project so i'll take a look at the lock part sometime soon.

99IntegraGS 09-30-2004 02:23 PM

Part # 74840-ST7-A01 (ACTUATOR ASSY.) did the trick. Now, for the first time in 2˝ years my electric hatch latch finally works!

ADRONICUS 10-04-2004 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by joebenz
i think i have the same problem. i can unlock everything with my power door locks, but when i try to open the trunk with the lever, it doesnt work. i have to use my key to open the trunk and use the lever at the same time. so try that to get the trunk open.

I do the same thing this guy does to my 99 GSR. Otherwise it is stuck. I don't know what the f!@# is wrong with our latches, but I think we have enough people here on this one page to cast a recall.

jcwiese 05-24-2005 07:44 PM

I have got the exact same problem on a 99 GSR where the hatch on the trunk doesn't seem to open. I just got the Haynes repair manual and was thinking about replacing the actuator. Just to confirm, did this do the trick for sure?

99IntegraGS 05-24-2005 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by jcwiese
Just to confirm, did this do the trick for sure?

Yes.

poomanshoe89 08-02-2005 08:09 PM

Hatch Is Stuck

My 99 GSR hatch is stuck...I read the post and tried everything with no luck....the key will not open it, the lever makes the noise like its trying to open but doesn't, and I do not have a lever by the fuel pop. Any input/ideas on how to get this thing open to fix it would be great.

99IntegraGS 08-03-2005 02:20 AM

Your key WILL open it. You have to turn the key clockwise as far as it will go and hold it there while lifting the hatch. If you do not have a hatch lever by the fuel lever that means you have the newer and far more failure prone electric actuator release. You will need to replace the part I talked about above.

jcwiese 08-03-2005 05:13 AM

Yeah, replacing the actuator solved my problem.

poomanshoe89 08-10-2005 12:44 AM

key opened it after many turns

I tried my key again, and you were right. I had to turn it about 12 times clockwise and pull back and forth on the trunk but finally it popped a little bit so i could get it open. I appreciate it, and will replace the actuator. Thanks again

99IntegraGS 08-10-2005 02:07 AM

no problem...

Glad I could help.

gatsu_98integra 08-10-2005 09:56 PM

Hello? I have a 98 LS, and i have the same problem. I have to turn the key while lifting the hatch. So the Actuator part mentioned cost how much? is it available at the dealer?

99IntegraGS 08-11-2005 02:30 AM

Yes, the part is or should be available at your local dealership. If they don't have it in stock, they can surely get it. The price online at Sunnyside Acura is $58.27 plus shipping. They also say the list price is $72.84. My guess is that's what your dealership would charge you for the part. If you plan to do the work yourself, you should just buy the part from Sunnyside online.

74840-ST7-A01 ACTUATOR ASSY. 1998 Acura INTEGRA 72.84 58.27

This is what I paid for it...
http://99integrags.servepics.com/images/actuator.gif

This is what they are charging for it now...
http://99integrags.servepics.com/images/actuator2.gif

If you have issues with buying online you'll just have to pay a little more locally at the stealership.

Good luck,

JD

cisfinest1 12-20-2006 05:05 PM

I have a 98 integra ls. just bought it yesterday... i have the same EXACT problem.. i have to turn the key clock wise hold it and they use the latch... is this what im suppose to do???or is it suppose to open by it self? is there a button to open it? Thanks