Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   How Long Do Accord's Last? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/192051-how-long-do-accords-last.html)

Jenk 06-05-2005 05:37 PM

How Long Do Accord's Last?

Last time I posted here, I was torn between the 2005 Camry (LE, 4-cyl.) and the '05 Accord (EX, 4-cyl.)--and still am. :rolleyes: I'd like to know if the
Accord, with proper maintenance, can run many years without vibration issues. (I've heard that after 4, or so, years, the car can start to run a bit roughly and that you can feel it in the shift lever and in general. I've also been told that the Accord's engine isn't as well insulated as is the Camry's...but it's hard to determine what's truth anymore.)

Thanks,

Jenk

BNaccord2k1 06-05-2005 05:51 PM

All I can say is go drive them both a few times and figure out which one you like better. Both will be dependable cars.

ihabfan 06-05-2005 05:56 PM

most asian families love camry because it's dependable and smooth.
accords you can feel more engine better for sport people.

Jenk 06-05-2005 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by BNaccord2k1
All I can say is go drive them both a few times and figure out which one you like better. Both will be dependable cars.

I've done four Camry test drives (three within a month's time) and two Accord test drives. And I'm still rather torn. I like the feel of the Camry, but I hear that the Accord gets better highway gas mileage (and I primarily drive expressways to get to work). Eh... Chances are, smooth and dependable will win out for me. There needs to be a car that runs with the Camry's smoothness and the Accord's pizzazz.

Jenk

sherwood 06-05-2005 06:36 PM

both are very dependible, i'd go with the accord because i believe it has abetter resale value, but in all honesty either one is a good choice.

accordsir86 06-05-2005 06:39 PM

my last car, a 93 accord had 293k miles before i did a h22 swap, at the same time, my cus had a 91 camry with 267k miles. they both ran like a champ. as long as u take care of it with regular maintenace they will both run great. the camry is a smoother car but then ihabfan is rite cus the accord has a more sporty feel to it. have fun deciding.

98CoupeV6 06-05-2005 07:00 PM

they'll both last forever - camry's have been known for their fair share of engine problems over the years too. Buy based on which one drives nicer to you and which has the nicer interior.

VTEC-Power 06-06-2005 03:59 PM

If you treat them good they will treat you good

fstop128 06-08-2005 02:39 PM

toyota engine sludge problem bad in camrys..the new ones have it too.. big issue..not sure if the accord has the tranny problems for 05.. the newer corolla now has the engine sludge problem. older corollas dont know how far back but they never use to have the sludge problem..

the sludge problem isnt related to maintenance either.. that engine has to run at a higher heat to meet emissions standards and it just turns the oil to sludge.. that keeps me from going camry.. i prefer my 92 but i dont see anything new or newer that is made as well..i have the shake at idle but it doesnt interfere with how the car runs..new motor mounts would help, keep it tuned, they are fuel injected there will be some vibration. ac compressor makes it vibrate some people have the egr valve problems.. 117,500m i havent had the later problem.. the motor/tranny mounts do influence the shake suppose to damper the vibrations..

if the decision is really hard to make check out..edmunds.com, consumer reports, msn.autos. com all have consumer reviews that might help u decide.. see what actual owners say..

goodfella 06-09-2005 10:01 AM

forever

hondaportal 06-09-2005 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by 4Banger69
If you treat them good they will treat you good

Absolutely. Accords seem lasting forever if you treat them good enough:)

jobrien 06-10-2005 05:02 AM

You really can't go wrong with either Toyota or Honda, especially between a Camry and Accord. They are both basically bullet proof cars, especially if you take care of them like you should.

When I bought my Accord new back in 95 I did it simply because I got all I wanted in the Accord for less than a comprably equipped Camry. Otherwise, I may have very well ended up with the Camry.

I can say that my Accord has been solid and reliable. I've never had a single "issue" with it. I have always done the maintenance like I'm supposed to and taken very good care of it. Now with almost 188K miles on it, it still runs like a champ. It's just getting to the point where I'm having to replace somethings. Being an owner, I would highly recommend an Accord and I'd even look to get another one if I were in the market for that kind of car again.

But, like I said, I know you can't go wrong with a Camry either. It just comes down to what you like.

Drive them both, do thorough research (CR, etc.), and find a dealership your are comfortable with too.