Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   Integra Front Hub Assembly Removal (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/275632-integra-front-hub-assembly-removal.html)

Integra3184 08-12-2007 08:07 AM

Integra Front Hub Assembly Removal

Hello I was wondering if anyone here knew how to remove the front hub assembly off an 95 Integra? Any help would be great, thanks.

CrazyX 08-12-2007 11:14 AM

front hub dissasembly

first off is your wheel bearing shot? what you would need to do is get a 32 mm socket and a breaker bar. put it on the hub nut. break the torque and loosen your lug nuts. jack her up on some stands or a lift. remove or brake assembly and use a zip tie to tie your caliper to your spring (suspension) remover your rotor, and then after that remove the stabilizer bar nut off the steering knuckle, and then remove the upper contol arm (castle nut w/ cotter pin) be sure to install a new cotter pin. the finall remove the lower control arm nut and use a soft hammer to remove the steering knuckle off the axle. (only if its old and nasty...in other words replace that too if it hasn't seen a new axle since 1995) then viola you have your hub assembly in your hands. take it to napa or a machining hop and have them press out the hub assembly and press in a new one and them your set to reinstall everything. besure to replace your bushings (stabilizer bar-engergy suspension) and while your at it replace your lower control arms w/ a nice set new light weight ones) turn your rotors and reinstall everything and torque your hub nut at 130lbs and your done. if you have any more questions e-mail me at james.woodbury2@dover.af.mil or woodbury419@gimail.af.mil

bnuk 08-13-2007 09:19 AM

yeah what he said...

Make sure you have a BIG breaker bar for the axle nut. you don't really need to detach the sway bar, but if you do, make sure you use an allen wrench in the tip of the bolt, otherwise you break the joint. putting the castle nuts back on can be a real bitch because sometimes the joint just wants to spin.

CrazyX 08-14-2007 05:33 PM

I peep to that...

on the really BIG breaker bar part. Also make sure it isn't like no autozone breaker bar...broke one of those before as well. And the sway bar part is true...but i like to hear that you replaced those nasty old oem bushings...lol, anyways castle nuts can be a bitch at times...make sure you have a partner to hold the steering wheel still...it does help

Integra3184 08-23-2007 11:03 PM

So you wouldn't be able to press out the hub yourself? What kind of tool would you need to do such a job? Or would it be better just to take it to a machine shop? Thanks guys for the great feedback.

bnuk 08-24-2007 08:23 AM

20 ton press. just take the hub to a shop. I think NAPA will do it sometimes.

CrazyX 08-24-2007 01:21 PM

is it really a 20 ton press to remove the bearing from the hub? wow...didn't know that thanks for the info. but napa will do it because that's where i took my hub assembly to get the bearing replaced after i removed it.