Notices

97 Prelude Fender Bender Airbag deployed

Old 06-18-2010, 08:41 PM
garfnodie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Prelude Fender Bender Airbag deployed

I'm looking to purchase a used 1997 Prelude. The car was apparently in a fender bender that set off the airbags. The guy got it all fixed, but I'm curious as to how much of an impact does it take to deploy the airbags. It was a bit dark when I first looked at the car so I was not able to see how the fender to door gap looked to see if the uni-body got bent badly or not. Also, if they car seems sound even considering the fender bender, can the SRS light still be reset after an actual airbag deployment? I've seen many post about resetting it when I comes on randomly, but not sure about after an actual deployment.

I've also seen other people talk about a drive belt tensioner problem,

Another thing the guy told me was that the auto trany was replaced a couple of years ago under warranty. Is this a know problem in these, and do I need to worry now that it's been replaced and obviously no longer under any kind of warranty?
Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 PM
cruzalekz

airbags can deploy starting from 25mph i believe and up. but the impact should hit the impact senso5rs first before deployment.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:38 PM
HondaB18C1

Go here and find out how you can fix your srs system to function without an airbag(also has SRS light reset tutorial and videos): Cartipsntricks.com