Notices

This girl needs help please!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:01 PM
airygirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This girl needs help please!!!

Hey everyone,

I came across this site while trying to research a problem I am having with a car I just bought, I am hoping maybe someone out there can help me figure out what is going on so that I don't get ripped off for parts I don't need and can try the process of elimination on the easier fixes first. So here are the problems:

I bought a 92 Prelude with an H23 in it, it was in awesome shape inside and out but there are a few things that are worrying me.

1. While in park the car will rev up and down between 1 and 2.5 RPMs, as if I am playing with the gas pedal, which I am not.
2. While in neutral the car also revs up and down too.
3. While in drive at a stop sign or light the car seems to buck almost while my foot is on the brake.
4. After coming to a complete stop my possessed car will accelerate up to 20 mph without me ever touching the gas pedal.

Other than that it seems to drive well on the highway and at higher speeds.

I would appreciate any help with answers as to what this may be as I need this car to be safe for travel and I do not have a lot of money to sink into it just to see if whatever part will fix the problem, I am afraid of getting ripped off to fix more than what I really need to. Unfortunately I got laid off in March and have no job prospects so money is a big issue for me as it is for a lot of us these days!

Thanks for your help in advance,
Peace.

Erin
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 AM
gingas

My guess would be a maniflod leak but not 100%, not sure about picking up speed to 20 mph . Sorry about your job loss. Yeah, its rough out here now days. good luck
Old 03-01-2010, 10:51 AM
airygirl

Thanks for replying. Someone I was talking to mentioned something about a throddle censor?? Do you know anything about this?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

could be your idle air control valve, thats usually the symptoms for problems 1-3 but number 4 could be your throttle positioning sensor
Old 03-05-2010, 04:44 PM
danni*j
Shenanigans

Originally Posted by Omie
could be your idle air control valve, thats usually the symptoms for problems 1-3 but number 4 could be your throttle positioning sensor
my thoughts exactly.