Notices

No Start 1989 SI auto trans

Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
speedPutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start 1989 SI auto trans

Hey guys new member, Cranks no start no spark Check eng light stays on every once in a while the light will go off and the car starts, hear a clunk noise then it starts, I am a tech so im not stupid, just baffled. what is the ecu self checking on start up and what would cause the light not to go out, possibly the module.
thanks

Also has new coil, cap and rotor,
Old 09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
speedPutz

Just to give some more details. If the battery is stone dead and i put a jumper box on it the first time the light goes out, hear relays click, the car starts and runs great as soon as i turn it off the light stays on and it wont start.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
bootykraks90

know what ha ha i had that same problem no spark you changed the cap and rotor you said. check the timing belt see if it snapped off trust me i changed everything in my prelude under sun ignition module complete tune up coil and the timing belt snapped no spark thats an inteference motor if the belt if off or snapped you wont get spark. if the timing belt is good the ignition module could be bad check the wires to see if its sending signal to the coil
Old 10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
bootykraks90

hmm wait you have a different problem there how it starts and you have no spark you said
Old 10-13-2009, 04:02 PM
bootykraks90

check the ignition module if you changed the coil cap rotor ecu is the last thing to check