Notices

1/4 Mile Times for Auto Prelude (99)

Old 07-16-2004, 07:50 PM
PrittyPearlLude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the track tonight....didnt run the Prelude....just went as a spectator. There were some pretty impressive Hondas there. A 4th gen lude and a bunch of civics. I am going to run my baby for the fun of it at Nopi.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:45 PM
preludedriver99

Golden Eagle = number 1 sleeves in the industry and a lifetime warranty on sleeve cracking and also a warranty on oil and coolant mixing. They've sleeved more blocks than all other companies combined. You have no idea what the **** your talking about period. Who would you have had done it. JG their pretty good for ripping people off. Screw all local machine shops for they've never even sleeved an h22. No plastiguages used golden eagle uses real mens tools to test tolerances. Also I stayed with stock bore. If they can't bore the block .6 for a good bore and hone then they shouldn't be sleeving blocks. I'm quite sure they know what the hell they're doing. A lot of top racers use golden eagle and they've propelled honda cars into the 8 second range with no problems. They test their blocks up to 70 lbs of boost and no one can touch their tolerances period. Give me some examples of who you think would have been better, not that it matters since it already has been paid for. Do you have a macho dick attitude problem or something, are you jealous, do you drive a civic, probably. Aren't you one of the idiots from honda tech? Probably with the attitude you've got. When you can't break into the 13's with a supercharger on a auto lude that should tell you something about their capability from the factory. Right out of the box a 5 speed will out perform any auto lude period that's all there is to it! I'm not going boost anyways. I bet you shut your mouth when I get the car dynoed and put 240 plus to the wheels all motor on hondata s200!! I didn't intend to start a war just stating obvious facts! I did want to add that it was only 77 bucks to ship my block fedex insured for 2300 bucks from Ohio to California, it weighed 135 lbs without pistons and rods just block and crank!
Old 07-17-2004, 09:37 AM
jonjon

God damn you're funny...you still don't get it...we're talking about modifying an automatic to outperform a stick shift. I gaurantee that my JMO modified torque converter prelude and my supercharger alone could kick the crap out of your Naturally aspirated (minus the ricey Nitrous) any day of the week. You can't beat good gearing, period. I'm done, unless you want to talk more about HIGH PERFORMANCE MODIFIED TORQUE CONVERTERS vs. 5 Speed Manuals at any level of modifications. Later
Old 07-17-2004, 10:20 AM
preludedriver99

Automatics are pretty fun to drive huh Johnboy!!!! Guess why everyone that runs in scca run manual shift transmissions, because they're better. You act like you've got some 600 hp mustang or camaro that you need a big stall/torque converter or something! Your setup may be quite nice and work well for you but if I can throw down low 13 second times with my five speed SH with no supercharger I'd think you'd be in trouble. Where do you live man, Norwalk Raceway is the track I go to. Pretty nice track and they've put a lot of money in it in the last ten years. I'd love to see how my all motor would fair against the likes of a supercharged automatic car. Also now that the block has been sleeved and built with all forged internals I'm sure I could up the shot to a 125-150 shot. However I truely don't think you'd hang just all motor but I guess I can't really justify it since I don't know what kind of times your car puts up. I don't run nitrous yet through my new block and I don't run it to be faster than everyone. I run it cause it's addictive and actually pretty badass. How can you dog it, a turbo and supercharger, although not the same thing is the same concept. Just not the everday wear and tear on your car with nitrous. If tuned correctly nitrous loves high compression!
Old 07-17-2004, 02:09 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

I don't care what car you talk about - if you compare apples to apples, and both cars are modified exactly the same, with the only difference one being a stick and the other an auto, someone who knows how to drive stick will beat the automatic 10 out of 10 times.

The only transmissions faster than a shift and clutch manual are an F1 or SMG six speed.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:05 PM
boosted lude

Id like to see you beat my auto prelude...
Old 07-17-2004, 06:08 PM
PrittyPearlLude

Boosted Lude-> You rule!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:13 PM
boosted lude

I would seriously challenge anyone in this thread... I mean I don't talk shit at all but thats where this thread has gone to... I can't stand ppl who are so narrow-minded on this topic... prittypearllude, keep you prelude and dont listen to what everyone says... They are great cars either way... Enjoy!!
Old 07-17-2004, 11:11 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally Posted by boosted lude
Id like to see you beat my auto prelude...

O.K. -- you have serious vision problems, son! Get some glasses and read the posts! I said, if we both had the SAME EQUIPMENT ON THE ENGINE, so that means either you take everything off your engine and go completely stock, with stock suspension and the 16" factory rims, or you buy me all the parts you have in your engine and suspension and pay to have them installed on my car. I'm not talking anything, I'm giving you the cold hard facts. Take off your turbo, all the mods, and go back to the way the Prelude came off the showroom floor.

What'll it be?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:25 AM
PrittyPearlLude

Alright we get the picture. Boosted Lude -> Thanks Buddy!