Notices

91 Prelude Si A/c Question

Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 AM
mark jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Prelude Si A/c Question

I'm a new member here...so please go easy! I'm glad to see there is a great community here for Honda Owners!!!

I have a 90 Prelude Si 2.05 as my winter/rain beater. Its currently off the road so I can do some well needed repairs. One of which is the A/C. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE A/C COMPRESSOR CONTROL UNIT IS!!!!. I'm pulling my hair out here!!! The previous owner had "hard wired" the compressor on, so the A/C worked all the time. Obviously this isn't acceptable, especially since the condenser fan, high idle, and ECU have no idea the A/c is on. I have checked all the relays/switches etc, and basically narrowed it down to the control unit....but i have no idea where it is. Can anyone help!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:43 PM
mark jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found the diagram

Thanks to this link: http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/PreludeManual/index.html I think I have enough info to track down my problem.

Short version: The A/c light comes on, but no compressor or condensor fans. All the relays are OK, all the wiring and grounds seem OK, and as I said in my previous post, the previous owner had jumped directly to the compressor so the air was on all the time.

This forum is a great resource to have!! I've already fixed my master relay/hot starting problem, now if I could just stop the rust on the rear fenders!!!