Notices

Just ordered and will be on the car Monday..!

Old 04-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Johnny B
Snap, Crackle, Pop....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered and will be on the car Monday..!

Monday everything goes on....And Tuesday I'll try to post some pics....

Tein Flex Coilovers
Tein EDFC
IceMan Cold Air intake
DC Sports Header
High Flow Cat
Tanabe Racing Medallion Cat-Back
Apexi V-Tec Controller
Ingalls Front Camber Kit
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit

We ordered it from Mantaray Motorsports.... www.mmrusa.com

This is all going on my Friends 2000 Prelude std......He hasn't decided on rims yet so the stock 16's are good for now but getting new tires tomorrow...
Old 04-01-2004, 04:51 PM
joostdyk
eluded si

kick ass! you're going to do this all in one day?! good luck, i hope you have a lot of time on your hands
Old 04-01-2004, 06:36 PM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

You may want to considering returning or selling the DC header. I have two friends that put DC headers on their cars and both of them lost close to 12hp and 8tq in the mid-range. The factory exhaust manifold on the Prelude is actually quite good and allows for good flow. Just my $.02
Old 04-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Johnny B
Snap, Crackle, Pop....

Well he wanted to change the whole exhaust system. Also the DC header came with the car when he bought it. We won't be doing it ourselves...Or I should say myself.....Since I know how.

He just got back from Iraq and has the cash to pay a shop to do it....(He wants peice of mind)

I could install everything but the V-Tec controller but he said no.......(must not trust me )

But With the look of the car outside it will be a very nice sleeper when it's rollin around town.....

He is in a couple months doing engine work with Cam Gears, Ignition, Pullies, Etc.....But he's satisfied with the Factory H22 for right now...

He just bought the car a week ago....
Old 04-01-2004, 07:02 PM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

Originally Posted by shivers
You may want to considering returning or selling the DC header. I have two friends that put DC headers on their cars and both of them lost close to 12hp and 8tq in the mid-range. The factory exhaust manifold on the Prelude is actually quite good and allows for good flow. Just my $.02
What kind of header do u recommend then? I want a little bit of hp increase, but nothin insane like Mugen or ne thing, i plan on getting a new engine later on a turbo'n it.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:24 PM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by 5hift
What kind of header do u recommend then? I want a little bit of hp increase, but nothin insane like Mugen or ne thing, i plan on getting a new engine later on a turbo'n it.
If you're thinking turbo, just keep the OEM exhaust manifold. It's a tubular style manifold from the factory, so it already flows well. Add an intake, exhaust, and a fuel/VTEC controller and you should be right around mid 170s (HP) and low 140s (TQ) at the wheels.

Like I said above, my two friends ended up losing mid-range power after the DC header swap. The peak numbers stayed the same, but no matter how much tuning we did, we couldn't make up the big power loss in the middle. I wish I still had the dyno plots ... it was ugly in the middle of the curve.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:29 PM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

Well I plan on buying a new engine (with less mileage) and turbo'n that, but if the stock manifold i decent with an N/A motor, i'll spend that $$$ on sumthin else.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:09 PM
joostdyk
eluded si

yeah, if you're planning on turbo, then stick with the stock manifold for now and spend the money other places. i've also heard bad things about DC...
Old 04-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Rezza
Tell your mom I said hi!

Originally Posted by shivers

I have DC sports 4-2-1 header installed on my 93 h22a1....I love it. Now,I cant say that i've dyno'ed my car, but myself and 2 other of my friends/fellow car entuisiasts could all "feel" a significant gain throughout the power band...

Shivers, do u have the dc sports header on you ride? or are u just relaying information that you've heard?