Notices

Selling it...How Much??

Old 03-10-2004, 09:13 AM
MTLuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling it...How Much??

Unfortunately, I got a new job working about 55 miles from home and the commute is not the best for my Lude. Mainly because of suspension mods, 18s, and traffic (with a stick). I love the look, so I refuse to raise it or go with smaller rims. Basically I am asking what you guys think I can get for it. It is a 2000 non-SH with:
AEM Intake, Thermal Exhaust, Ground Control, KYB Shocks, 18" Racing Hart Z5000 wheels with 215-35ZR Yokohama Parada Specs, Rear Camber Kit, Rolled Rear Fenders, Wings West RS Racing Kit, Wings West Flush Mount Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Dash Kit, Indiglo Gauges, Sony CDX-M800 CD Player, 2 10" JL Subs powered by an Orion Amp, Upgraded midrange speakers, Tinted Windows, and a Viper Alarm.

I realize that most, if not all, of this stuff doesn't add value to the car. It has almost 90K miles on it already because of the commute (highway miles thankfully). The picture I submitted for the Calendar came in 25th. It stays clean as long as the weather cooperates, and it has had oil changes regularly. I plan to sell it this spring. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Pelka
::..Prelude..::

Originally Posted by MTLuda
Unfortunately, I got a new job working about 55 miles from home and the commute is not the best for my Lude. Mainly because of suspension mods, 18s, and traffic (with a stick). I love the look, so I refuse to raise it or go with smaller rims. Basically I am asking what you guys think I can get for it. It is a 2000 non-SH with:
AEM Intake, Thermal Exhaust, Ground Control, KYB Shocks, 18" Racing Hart Z5000 wheels with 215-35ZR Yokohama Parada Specs, Rear Camber Kit, Rolled Rear Fenders, Wings West RS Racing Kit, Wings West Flush Mount Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Dash Kit, Indiglo Gauges, Sony CDX-M800 CD Player, 2 10" JL Subs powered by an Orion Amp, Upgraded midrange speakers, Tinted Windows, and a Viper Alarm.

I realize that most, if not all, of this stuff doesn't add value to the car. It has almost 90K miles on it already because of the commute (highway miles thankfully). The picture I submitted for the Calendar came in 25th. It stays clean as long as the weather cooperates, and it has had oil changes regularly. I plan to sell it this spring. Any suggestions would be great.
Id say around 12-13 grand. Lots of mods, im sure some kid wouldnt mind that. Sorry for the loss of the Lude. Whats your next car?
Old 03-11-2004, 04:49 AM
MTLuda

Cool man, thanks. I am still going back and forth over it because only part of me wants to sell it. If I don't sell it will get a CBR 600. If I do, I have not decided what to get. I need to get a comfortable automatic for the commute, like maybe an Audi S4, BMW 328ci, or Pathfinder. But the kid in me wants to get a bike and say screw it! Who knows man... it changes daily.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:52 AM
joostdyk
eluded si

yeah that really sucks. but i would say maybe try and set the asking price a little higher maybe at 13.5 or 14. if you have all the receipts, i would add them up and show them to whoever might be looking at your car. good luck with whatever you do!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Pelka
::..Prelude..::

Originally Posted by MTLuda
Cool man, thanks. I am still going back and forth over it because only part of me wants to sell it. If I don't sell it will get a CBR 600. If I do, I have not decided what to get. I need to get a comfortable automatic for the commute, like maybe an Audi S4, BMW 328ci, or Pathfinder. But the kid in me wants to get a bike and say screw it! Who knows man... it changes daily.
Haha yeah just since im a kid id say the bike. But if i were you id get the S4. :yumyum:
Old 03-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Endurance
SHIFT_automatically

Pathfinder..
Old 03-11-2004, 08:32 PM
NoShoAccord

Buy a cheap daily driver. That's what I did.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:10 AM
monkey

prius. with gas prices what they are i'd kill to get 60 mpg.

also, i think 14-15 is more reasonable. finding 5spd 5th gens in decent condition is kinda tough.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:07 AM
MTLuda

Cool, thanks for everyone's input. I'm hoping to get 13,500 in the end, but that could be a miracle. However the CBR is still calling my name, so I might keep the Luder and have a toy for the summer. Who knows, I'll hopefully figure it out soon.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:19 AM
OzRallyGirl85

Hey I bought my Lude from the dealership I work at, they were asking $15995 on it, had a custom paint job and close to 70k miles, few mods as well so You could probably get away with selling it around 10 grand privately. But to trade it in the kid only got about 9 grand for it

Quick Reply: Selling it...How Much??