Notices

Ideas for sister's birthday present

Old 05-30-2012, 12:09 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas for sister's birthday present

What's up guys? It's been a long time since I've posted to HAN and a really long time since I've really had the time to mess with photoshop. I've recently acquired a Wacom Bamboo Create that came with Photoshop Elements 9, so I've been tinkering around for a bit. My sister had recently scanned and posted some OLD pictures from back in the day and she's very nostalgic, so I decided to try to come up with an image that is worthy of placing in a frame that I could give her for her birthday that's in a couple of weeks. I'd like to share the image with you guys and get some constructive criticism and possible ideas to enhance it...which could be either by adding to or taking away. I fear the image is too "busy" right now, but I also feel like it's missing something. Like possibly a gaussian blur with it set to overlay...or something to give it a little shine.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated, and don't hate...it's been a couple of years since I've touched any form of photoshop, haha.

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84073[/ATTACH]

*Edit* The final picture won't have the signature on the bottom right hand corner and it'll probably printed as an 8"x10" for framing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CarrieBirthdayTest.jpg (253.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by c_rogue69; 05-30-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Looks fine but I'm not a fan of white vingettes. With 4 pictures it would be easier to stack the 3 landscape portraits and use the larger wedding portrait to either side. Would probably flow better.

Additionally, you could just make her a simple photo book and that would allow you to make more natural breaks for each stage of life. They're pretty reasonable at just under 50 bucks for a decent consumer grade version. I'm sure she'd love it.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
dj02
click click

Originally Posted by jaymar88
Looks fine but I'm not a fan of white vingettes. With 4 pictures it would be easier to stack the 3 landscape portraits and use the larger wedding portrait to either side. Would probably flow better.

Additionally, you could just make her a simple photo book and that would allow you to make more natural breaks for each stage of life. They're pretty reasonable at just under 50 bucks for a decent consumer grade version. I'm sure she'd love it.
this