Notices

what would you do? v. pro photographers

Old 03-06-2010, 12:28 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what would you do? v. pro photographers

Ok, so I have a bit of a dilemma and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys. It would be good to get a photographer's perspective but anyone is welcome to comment. So here's my situation:

A little over 2 years ago (Sept. '07 to be exact) I had a photographer shoot for my wedding. He did a great job but was pretty expensive. I had no problem paying for the wedding shots but my wife and I also wanted to purchase this amazing, custom-made photo album from the photographer. You know, the kind where the pictures are actually printed onto heavy-stock paper pages and whatnot. Anywho, so we couldn't afford to completely pay for the album at the time but when I paid him for his services I guess we ended up overpaying by about $700 (My wife wrote him a check before the wedding and I wrote him one as well on the day of but didn't realize she had paid as much as she had...and I didn't have anymore checks with me).

She and I then decided we would just use as a credit for the album in the future since we really wanted it. Well, time passed and we never got in contact with the photographer again about the album to the point where I am now embarrased to contact him over it. I don't want to say, "Hey, I'd like my money back now" or "Hey, we're ready to order that album now" since it's been so long...but maybe I should? My wife keeps telling me she wants me to print out our pictures and make our own album but shouldn't I just try to get the one we partially paid for? I know it was dumb to keep putting it off this long but I want to do something and not lose out on that much money any longer.

Last edited by R_Squared; 03-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:35 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact the photog. They should not even blink at the situation.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:40 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

You don't think it would be a big deal even though so much time has elapsed? We just haven't had much money to pay for the whole thing until now...and I'm wondering if I even want to pay that much for the album anymore or have a less expensive one made somewhere else. We have the rights to do what we want with all of the pictures. I just wonder if it makes a difference in the situation whether I ask for a refund or to finally use the credit. He's a reputable photographer so I don't think he would try to screw me over. :happysad:

Last edited by R_Squared; 03-06-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:05 PM
scotttharobot
beer here

Who cares how much time has passed? Just ask dude.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Get it done! If they didn't say anything about the over charge then they were probably thinking sweet they don't know. I would either get my money back or get the album. thankfully our photog includes the book with all the other stuffs. We still have to give more final changes, etc.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:25 PM
dj02
click click

Originally Posted by jaymar88
Contact the photog. They should not even blink at the situation.
Originally Posted by scotttharobot
Who cares how much time has passed? Just ask dude.
Originally Posted by Draconius
Get it done! If they didn't say anything about the over charge then they were probably thinking sweet they don't know. I would either get my money back or get the album. thankfully our photog includes the book with all the other stuffs. We still have to give more final changes, etc.
this.

if i ever got over paid and 2-3years later a couple ask's me for what they over paid i would have no problem sending that out to them.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:28 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

I'm going to go through my financial records and correspondences between myself and the photog when I get home from work and try to verify exactly how much was overpaid and make sure I've got everything in order before I contact him. I'd feel like a real ass calling him up and misunderstanding the charges for his services or something.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Last edited by R_Squared; 03-06-2010 at 01:31 PM.