Notices

pics of beach after the storm

Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of beach after the storm

Why arent you Cali guys out shooting after the storm! Heres some pics of a local beach. The ocean washed away all the sand. There should be at least 20-40ft of sandy shoreline beyond the cliffs. The last time I saw the shore like this was back in '05 when 20ft waves ate up the coast. Definitely a rare sight to see for us so here it is for you before mother nature returns it back to normal. Winds were howling and water was spraying onto the lens. These were the few that passed QC. Enjoy.

To the north looking towards Windansea...

2 shot sequence shot, here it comes...

Kersplash!

I was standing on a rock 5ft from the water, ocean spray attacking me like a swarm of bees.

Local's only spot called "big rock". The water sucks out from the reef and creates one of the gnarliest tube rides in SD. Stormy conditions make it look smaller than it is. This rock is the size of 3 Tundras and sharper than a ninja with razor blades. Ive had many close calls here from past surf sessions.

Last pic facing south towards the end of the beach. Baller houses soon to be underwater attractions during the next big quake. :chuckles:
Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Great pics len!!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:06 PM
dubcac
I

Badass.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Omie