Effective March 1, 2004. [Some Clarifications added 4/13/05] [Previous Threads May or May not be exempt from updated guidelines]
Business posting: Please do not post on behalf of a company. No private businesses or stores are allowed to post items anywhere on Honda-Acura.net, except in the sponsor forums if you are an approved vendor or board sponsor.
This section is for Honda/Acura owners and enthusiast to buy, sell, and trade their parts amongst each other. If you have more than one "new" item for sale, that is thought of as selling for profit and will not be allowed.
Companies are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, to enroll in Honda-Acura.nets sponsorship program to assist your advertising needs.
Any non-supporting vendor who posts will be warned. Failure to comply with warnings will result in action by the administration of this site.
Any Group Buy must be approved by Honda-Acura.net before being posted.
Failure to comply will result in deletion of the thread.
*Also, this forum is for private sellers only, on that note, Sponsoring vendors are not permitted to post their goods here. Thank you for your cooperation.
You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession.
Sellers MUST provide legitimate e-mail addresses when selling.
Sellers MUST provide a price. Posting without prices is considered dishonest.
Questionable items will require propper documentation. Ex. Motors - Vin #.
Post your For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT), or Want To Buy (WTB) here and only here in the Classified forum. Do NOT post multiple threads in different forums.
Any suspect items or posts will be dealt with accordingly by Honda-Acura.net moderators.
Should you have a problem or have been scammed by another member, please contact us and we will try to assist you. We cannot guarantee anything.
Please Post ALL of your items in ONE (1) single thread. Do not create multiple threads.
Ex: If you have 3 items for sale, please list all 3 of them all in one thread.
Users are encouraged to keep updating one thread for an item instead of creating multiple threads for an item which has not been sold for a while. Ex: Update or Bumps are exceptable
Please try to keep items for sale automotive related or things closely related to automotive parts and equipment. Some exceptions will be made.
Ex: Laptops for ECU management is ok. Digital Camera's are ok Items such as a comic book collection or furniture is NOT ok. This is an automotive forum.
However if you have any question about your item, feel free to contact us.
Please do NOT post illegal or copyrighted software or items. These include copied software, videos, etc. Also, weapons of any sort for sale will not be tolerated. These type of posts will be deleted immediately. Anyone who knowingly buys, sells, trades, or distributes bootlegged software through this forum will be warned or permanently banned at our discretion.
This is not an auction site. No public bid wars or bashing will be tolerated.
Ex: He is offering $100? Ill give you $110! or $100? I can buy that from X for $60
Please show common courtesy to your fellow members.
If you feel the price is not fair, you may contact the moderator. However, do so respectfully.
If you sell the same item for cheaper, create your OWN thread.
Again, this is not an auction site, there are many auction specific sites elsewhere. Having said that, do NOT post links to an item you are selling at an auction site.
This is not a discussion section, it is a For Sale section, please treat it as such. If you do not have anything relevant to say about the seller or part for sale, do not post.
If you create a For Sale thread, do not have it just include a link to another forum or webpage where your item is listed. Do yourself and your fellow members a favor and post the details here. It is not that hard to copy and paste and it will help you sel easier as well as having the search engine pick it up. Failure to comply will result in thread being locked.
No multi-level marketing schemes. (Ex: Free iPods)
No misleading thread titles.
Please try to use the following format to specify your posting.
On your subject, please include these in the beginning then be descriptive in your subject.
FS: For Sale WTB: Want to Buy FT: For Trade SOLD: If your item is sold, please go back and edit your posts indicating the item is no longer available.
Thank you for your participation at Honda-Acura.net and we hope you find it useful.
Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in thread deletion.
Honda-Acura.net, its administrators, and its moderators are not responsible for anything stated or posted in this forum. Please use common sense and sound judgment. We will do our part in preventing scams, however, the only person that can save you is yourself. Users are encouraged to participate and frequent the buyer/seller feedback forum: http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36
I would like to add that these rules will be strictly enforced and the warning system WILL be used.
An additional comment:
We appreciate that members utilize the search function, but we would suggest you check the ORIGINAL posted date before you reply.
Some tips on what to do if you think you have been ripped off by another member: (came across this elsewhere)
1. Always ship with insurance and tracking #'s. If shipping expensive items, ship with delivery confirmation.
2. Always ask for a real name, phone number, and home address, especially when trading with someone who is unknown or has no feedback.
3. Always do research on a member if you are unsure of his/her credibility.
4. If you do not receive the goods/money right away, email the other trader, and request action.
5. If said trader does not respond in two working days, email again. Be patient.
6. Please do not jump to conclusions until a reasonable amount of time has passed. If two weeks pass and no response is given, then a sure bet is that something is wrong.
7. Do not make decisions while you are upset. Only post or email us after you have calmed down. This is most important. Making decisions while enraged will not help your cause; it can only hurt it.
8. Do not post derogatory remarks about said trader. Instead, post your situation in a calm and friendly manner. Flaming will only raise tempers, hurting your chance of getting your goods or money back.
9. Ask if anyone else has had trouble with said trader. It is always good to know as much as possible when trading with someone, especially if you think you got ripped by that person.
10. If said trader does not rectify situation, and action is requred, post a negative feedback for said trader.
11. If said trader does not rectify situation, and action is required, post a thread stating "Do not trade with this person." In this forum. If said trader straightens out the mess he/she has created, and everyone who is involved is satisfied, we will delete and/or retract the statement.
12. Please use common sense when trading.
13. When emailing a buyer or seller, be sure to include the name of the forum where the transaction occured in the topic or message and, if appropriate, your Honda-Acura.net ID and/or email address that you use.
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-acura.net content, comments, or advertising. Honda-acura.net is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-acura.net in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.