Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Death of Bling - Spotlight

Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Death of Bling - Spotlight

Death of Bling - Spotlight

Editor Rodrez gives his opinions on the death of bling, the origins of the term "grassroots," drag racing today, and the influx of street meets.R.I.P. bling
It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Orange County, and after a successful, yet completely exhausting Eibach event the previous weekend, I'm relishing in the fact that I have a day off, all to myself. Taking a full day to do absolutely nothing is everything I dreamed it would be, and more. Unshaven, sporting comfortable basketball shorts and an old t-shirt, I can actually feel my internal batteries recharging as I set up my BBQ grill for the perfect bison burger lunch feast. The television is on in the background as I'm walking through the living room and I hear a guy describing a car show competition that takes place in Las Vegas. The serious, yet somewhat dull narrator continually uses the term "bling" over, and over, and over again. I believe one of his statements, in the ultra-serious voice went something like, "nobody blings it harder than the blingtastic bling lovers of the Las Vegas strip." Essentially stopped in my tracks, it took my whole body to hate this man. You see, once a term is used by your parents, and their parents, it's time to move on. Hearing him use this worn out term was almost as painful as watching the local 11:00 news, where every night the awkward weatherman attempts to dance in, what he feels, is a Hip Hop fashion. Unfortunately he convulses for a few minutes, and always ends up raising the roof. Yeah, about ten years late on that one my friend. Terms and catchphrases come and go almost as quickly as kid's trendy dances. But there are those few that describe something so well they rightfully stick around for years.

Photo Gallery: Editor's Letter - Rodrez - Honda Tuning Magazine

Death of Bling - Spotlight | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...