Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge - Competition

Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge - Competition

Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge - Competition

The Challenge Is Back; The Underdogs Are Ready For Another War2010 Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge
The Big Boys
Growing up subscribing to great magazines like Sport Compact Car religiously, I've read my fair share of street and specialty car shootouts and challenges. Always interesting, always entertaining, these modern day gladiator games would corral all types of combatants to step inside a competitive realm which, not surprisingly, was often dominated by supercars. Were they "street" cars? Sure. Were they realistic to the majority of the people who would be reading the story? Probably not. Let's be honest, not many people can afford to purchase a twin-turbo Supra, then spend 50-80 grand turning it into a world-beater. Even fewer have the means to pick up a Skyline and fit it with every high-end gadget and go-fast power mod ever created for the legendary flagship. Still, there is that small group of the population who can afford these exotic luxuries, and do have the ability to build them beyond comprehension. For myself, as I read about the outcome and the participant's experience, I was enthralled by the level of competition and every bit of intensity that the writer threw at me. I can recall sitting in my $7,000 (at the time) CRX thinking how cool it would be to compete, but quickly realizing that a B series CRX, though fast for its time, wouldn't stand a chance against that high dollar Supra, and dream-crushing Skyline.

Photo Gallery: Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge - Competition - Honda Tuning Magazine

Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge - Competition | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...