Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

July 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag

Old 06-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default July 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag

July 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag
Photoshop -- a four-letter word. A major-market automotive editor and longtime friend called a while back. He was looking for a full-time staff photographer and asked if I could recommend someone. He'd been interviewing applicants for months. He was frustrated. "They're all wizards with Photoshop", he says, "but none of them can shoot." I've heard it before. Generation Y is the Photoshop generation. Most of his prospects have had Photoshop as long as they've had cameras so rather than learning to make the cleanest possible images in the camera, they often rely on their computer skills for best results. Not a problem in advertising where one image makes an ad, but that's hardly a successful plan for deadline editorial shooters doing complete articles in just a few hours. My method is simple: get it right in the camera. Today's digital cameras have roughly the same dynamic range as the slide film they've replaced. All of the world's best magazines were using images shot straight onto slide film long before Photoshop or even the term "personal computer" was in the dictionary. I shoot every image as if it will never see Photoshop because I know that every minute I hold a mouse is a minute I could be shooting. Many people consider Photoshop a necessity. For me, it's a last resort...and a four-letter word.
YOUR SNAPS, EIBACH's SCHWAG
It's official. We ain't playin' around.Your Honda-related photography could just land you fresh Eibach gear: a set of Sportline or Pro-Kit springs or a brand-spankin'-new set of Eibach coilovers. Check out the fine print for contest rules and details.
E-mail submissions to :editorial@hondatuningmagazine.com(include OH SNAPS in the subject)
or via snail mail to:Honda Tuning Magazine/Oh Snaps2400 E. Katella Ave, Suite 1100Anaheim, Ca 92806
Keep things Honda/Acura-related and use your imagination. We need high-resolution images sized to a minimum of 4x4 inches -- low-res snapshots and 3x5 prints will be tossed into the round filing cabinet. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information including your name, phone number, shipping address, e-mail address, and Web site address (if applicable). No contact info, no prize.
Winners will be selected monthly by the Honda Tuning staff. Refrain from watermarking submitted images; the appropriate credit will be displayed next to all published works. Honda Tuning magazine reserves the right to publish, crop, resize, and/or remove watermarks from all submitted images for the sole purpose of OH SNAPS in order to suit publication.
Monthly prizes: All entrants with submissions selected and published in OH SNAPS will receive Eibach hats, T-shirts, and stickers. Prizes will be shipped to the contact information provided upon publication.
Quarterly prizes: One quarterly winner will receive his or her choice of Eibach Sportline or Pro-Kit springs for his or her desired Honda/Acura application. The winner will be selected from previous OH SNAPS monthly winners. The quarterly winner will be announced concurrent with publication in the June and September issues and will be contacted for prize redemption upon publication.
The Grand Prize: One grand-prize winner will receive a complete set of Eibach coilovers for his or her desired Honda/Acura application. The grand-prize winner will be selected from previous OH SNAPS monthly and/or quarterly winners. The grand-prize winner will be announced concurrent with publication in the December issue and will be contacted for prize redemption upon publication.

Photo Gallery: July 2008 Oh Snaps! - Your Snaps, Eibach's Schwag - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...