Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Bad Timing - April 2008 Road Rage

Old 04-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bad Timing - April 2008 Road Rage

Bad Timing - April 2008 Road Rage
My first Honda was a slightly used '87 CRX. I owned it during an awkward period though. The EF chassis had just been released, which made my '87 somewhat old...not old-school, just old. Years later I'd come to find out I would have done well to keep the rex because older Hondas experienced a sort of resurgence-all of the sudden anything old and rare was hip and cool. But I've never been hip or cool, which makes the bad timing all the more fitting. The CRX wasn't my first car but it was the most important.
By now you've either figured out I'm the new editor or you're simply left frustrated, wondering who this loon talking about a two-decade-old Si is. I know, HT's masthead has looked more like a game of editorial musical chairs these last several months than anything resembling a stable publication, which has probably got you wondering one of two things: either how many issues it'll take for the editorial rotation to continue or when exactly HT will finally keel over. For once though, timing's in my favor.
Honda's are not new to me and, if you've been around them long enough, chances are we've crossed paths. I left the ol' Si relatively untouched, but it was that first-gen CRX that sparked my interest in the brand. It's taken me 15 years but I've earned those Honda stripes. Now I find myself typing this. I stumbled into this gig really but that's a story for another time.
Funny enough, running a magazine means listening to readers and, from time to time, giving 'em what they want. Web forum posts and surveys work well here. As a result, we've decided Honda Tuning is due for some changes. Fear not though, it won't change too much. After all, the magazine's still got to be about Hondas...and tuning them.
Nevertheless, you'll find some additions this month with some fairly extensive alterations in store that we think you'll appreciate. Take Oh Snaps for instance. Thanks to Eibach, it's now a contest. Check out the rules and win a set of coilovers, or at least a neat hat. Expect some changes in our tech department as well where you'll find something a bit more relative and perhaps smarter. There's also Reachin' Back, our attempt at setting the record straight in terms of old-school parts and why noobs should care about them. It's all in the name of a better Honda Tuning.
A part of me wishes I still had that first CRX. No, it wasn't fast, I already told you I didn't do anything to it. It wasn't particularly nice to look at either. It didn't even handle all that great and stopping was, at times, iffy. Nevertheless, I've got to give the rex credit. Who knows, I very well could have ended up editor of Yugo Tuning.

Photo Gallery: Bad Timing - April 2008 Road Rage - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...