Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

1992 Acura Integra GS-R - Project DB2 Pt. III

Old 04-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1992 Acura Integra GS-R - Project DB2 Pt. III

Whitfield Racing works a little more magic on Project DB2, giving us more badass, custom turbo goods.
In the previous installment of the DB2 build, Jason of Whitfield Racing finished up the Acura Integra turbo manifold and downpipe, catch can/overflow combo and airbox. Since then, Whitfield's been busy mapping out the cooling portion of the build. Obviously a front-mount intercooler is needed, but rather than just slapping a huge I/C in a hacked up front bumper, Whitfield took a step back to rethink the entire layout. The second-gen Integra wasn't blessed with a huge amount of airflow up front. The grille opening is long but slender, and though I was hoping we wouldn't have to cut out the front grille, I was much more concerned with fitting a good-sized intercooler and radiator in the tight space. A half-core radiator is what you'll typically find under the hood of a turbo DA/DB2, but with the space saved by Whitfield during the mock-up, it looks like we'll be able to fit a larger radiator that will have to be custom builtā

More...