Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

taxpayer bailout money not being used corectly

Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 AM
ShaolinLueb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taxpayer bailout money not being used corectly

these insurance companies and banks are using our money to be bailed out and yet they do not have to account for any of it or explain where any of it goes. they say its hard to trace. yet the ceo's are making more then the big 3 combined and still getting million dollar bonuses.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27826481

aig is using it to bail out eruopean banks.

i am glad that the banks and insurance companies dont have to be financially responsible with out money when the big 3 have to account for every penny and get ridiculed all the way.

do you think the banks and insurance companies should lay out plans isntead of just being handed billions of dollars?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:24 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

There has to be some accountability, obviously, in my opinion. Not sure anyone, other than the douchebag CEOs, would disagree with that.

Salary cap of $100k max., including bonuses (yes, I'm serious) for those at the top would have been a nice requirement to go along with the money. I wouldn't laugh if one of the big 3 CEOs ended up dead, but wouldn't say that about the CEOs of the insurance companies and banks.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Tark

Originally Posted by A-series
There has to be some accountability, obviously, in my opinion. Not sure anyone, other than the douchebag CEOs, would disagree with that.

Salary cap of $100k max., including bonuses (yes, I'm serious) for those at the top would have been a nice requirement to go along with the money. I wouldn't laugh if one of the big 3 CEOs ended up dead, but wouldn't say that about the CEOs of the insurance companies and banks.
thats just stupid....
Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

Originally Posted by Tark
thats just stupid....
Thinking that it stupid, is stupid. If they want aid, they should take a cut in line with their industry which is in the shitter.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Driver
slow lane cruiser

I was not particularly happy with the big3 bailout idea until a friend of mine brought an interesting point to my attention. What would happen if the big3 went down? All the companies who are outsourced for parts for american and foreign automakers would have to increase their prices for the remaining automakers for whom they still would be making parts for. The interesting point being that even Honda-America was in support of the big3 bailout. What would happen to us if all of a sudden even our relatively cheap honda parts were to suddenly increase in price due to the need for the smaller guys to meet their profit needs? It would suck for everyone. I personally think that if the American automakers had been focused on things like MPG and reliability for the last twenty years or so they wouldn't be in this situation now. However Toyota and Honda have been kicking the american automakers in the ass for years now, so their profit mergins, albeit large in the scope of the average consumer, have not been that great. But in the case of banks and insurance companies, these industries were designed to protect money and property. So WTF happened, all of a sudden after a few NATURAL disasters you broke the bank? Wasn't that supposed to be a factor in the way the money was handled in the first place?
So, Bail out the big3
screw the banks and insurance sharks
my 2 cents a little to late- not like anyone asked us anyway
Old 12-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by Driver
I was not particularly happy with the big3 bailout idea until a friend of mine brought an interesting point to my attention. What would happen if the big3 went down? All the companies who are outsourced for parts for american and foreign automakers would have to increase their prices for the remaining automakers for whom they still would be making parts for. The interesting point being that even Honda-America was in support of the big3 bailout. What would happen to us if all of a sudden even our relatively cheap honda parts were to suddenly increase in price due to the need for the smaller guys to meet their profit needs? It would suck for everyone. I personally think that if the American automakers had been focused on things like MPG and reliability for the last twenty years or so they wouldn't be in this situation now. However Toyota and Honda have been kicking the american automakers in the ass for years now, so their profit mergins, albeit large in the scope of the average consumer, have not been that great. But in the case of banks and insurance companies, these industries were designed to protect money and property. So WTF happened, all of a sudden after a few NATURAL disasters you broke the bank? Wasn't that supposed to be a factor in the way the money was handled in the first place?
So, Bail out the big3
screw the banks and insurance sharks
my 2 cents a little to late- not like anyone asked us anyway
They're not gonna go belly up like a mom'n'pop shop. They'll go into Chapter 11 bankruptcy which will allow them to restructure and have all their contracts/obligations reviewed by a bankruptcy judge. The reason they don't want to do this is related entirely to marketing reasons.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:08 AM
ShaolinLueb

all they are accused of is making very few cars and a lot of trucks suv's on overpriced union labor.

but

i think there should be more accountability with the insurance companies and banks. citigroups needed the money from what i read. but some of these big banks dont even need the money and are getting billions.

what do i need to do to get government bail mount money? run a billion dollar company into the ground and overpay myself while doing it and have to accountablility for where the money goes.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 AM
BetterBob
Nobama

Originally Posted by Epoch
They're not gonna go belly up like a mom'n'pop shop. They'll go into Chapter 11 bankruptcy which will allow them to restructure and have all their contracts/obligations reviewed by a bankruptcy judge. The reason they don't want to do this is related entirely to marketing reasons.

Dot.

Bankrupt does not mean they stop producing cars.