Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Save on fuel costs like the airlines...

Old 11-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Save on fuel costs like the airlines...

Since the decline of gas prices, I've started a fuel hedge with an ING orange savings account. Basically, I take my total mpg per gallon x $4.00 (about the price I paid in july), and subtract what I'm spending now (about $2.00) and put the rest in my fuel hedge. By the time gas gets back up to $4.00 again, I'll have enough saved up to balance the difference. Every three months, I have a google calander reminder to re-adjust my $ tranfer total. And with the ING account, I get 2.5% in return thanks to its high interest. Its free and you don't need a minimum balance. The only downside is it takes a few days to get that money transfered back into your alternative account (currently investing the ING orange checking... I'll let you know how this goes but I may dump my old chase account)

Regardless, if gas prices go up, you’ll have this money saved to use to hedge against the new higher gas prices. It will also give you time to either cut your costs or earn more to account for the higher gas prices.

check it out

Using some simple and some complex investment strategies, Southwest has for a decade locked in the prices it pays for large amounts of jet fuel months and even years ahead of time. Its success at that has protected it from run-ups in crude oil prices and dramatically cut its fuel expenses. Since 1998, it has saved $3.5 billion over what it would have spent if it had paid the industry's average price for jet fuel. That's equal to about 83% of the company's profits over the last 9˝ years.

They're kind of screwed now LOL but the basic principle of expectations leaves you a cushion. The biggest difference is actually in your best interest. Instead of taking a chance of locking in an investment with someone else, you're betting against yourself. win win.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:36 PM
joebenz
nelson rules

i love that you took somebody's idea and didn't give him credit for it
Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Duff Man

not sure what your talking about.... lot's of folks have talked about this. I see that no one posted about it so I did. Whats the problem?

Post you're opinion on the subject or get the fuck out. Whats you're issue with the subject my post? Plagerism? If you have an issue with plagerism online, you've got a bigger issue then this post.

This isn't the first time you've tried to call me out on something. Tell you what Joe, instead of publicly calling me out on something, how about you private message me. But you're to much of a pussy to actually have a legitimate conversation with me. As I recalled, just a few years ago, we IM'd each other on a friendly level. I'm still stumped as to why a good number of you are still afraid to talk to me again and instead, rely on posting condescending BS like the shit that you just posted. Go fuck yourself Joe. If you have a problem with me, pm, IM me, or email me.

Last edited by Duff Man; 11-29-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:15 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bend over and I'll show you a fuel hedge. Chill out you insecure fuck.

Last edited by AP2; 11-30-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:46 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

:rofl:
Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

how about just give some credit where credit's due
http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com...own-hedge-fund
Old 11-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've banned Duff Man. Let this be a lesson that anyone who even thinks about talking to a moderator like that isn't welcome.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net