Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

So Obama was in town last night v. manwithgunarrested

Old 08-30-2008, 02:35 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So Obama was in town last night v. manwithgunarrested

I, personally, did not care to go - but it was kinda cool having a presidential candidate in town (I think about 8,000 people attended).

Anyway, onto the highlight:

Man arrested for having gun at rally

By Bill Vidonic, Times Staff

Published: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:10 PM EDT
BEAVER — An Industry man is facing a disorderly conduct charge for attending the Barack Obama rally in Irvine Park with a loaded gun that was holstered on his hip, according to state police and the Beaver County sheriff’s department.

John Noble, 50, was questioned by police for several hours Friday night after the incident, in which witnesses said he also was passing out fliers with writing about gun rights.

John Atkinson of Vanport Township said he saw Noble passing out the fliers and noticed the small-caliber handgun strapped to the man’s waist. He said he quickly notified nearby deputy sheriffs, and deputies Joseph O’Sche and Rich Yonlisky approached the man as he walked along Market Street.

Atkinson said that when the deputies asked why he had a gun, Noble replied, “Because I’m an American,” and one of the deputies responded, “Well, you’re under arrest.”

Noble was hustled to a nearby vehicle, and state police took him to the Brighton Township barracks to question him.

Beaver County Sheriff George David said that Noble insisted he had a right to have the gun because he has a permit to carry it. It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit.

David said Noble “wanted to show his rights.” He said Noble never removed the gun from the holster or threatened anyone.

Noble’s arrest took place around 7 p.m., nearly 90 minutes before Sen. Obama and the rest of his campaign team arrived in Beaver.

Bill Vidonic can be reached online at bvidonic@timesonline.com.
Thoughts? He was only expressing his Constitutional right, was it right for him to have been arrested and harassed by the local police?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 PM
canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for him! Strap up in support!
Old 08-30-2008, 02:51 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

He's just demonstrating how small-town PA folk afraid of change will confide in their guns.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:59 PM
SeeCamGo
LIGHTS Army Soldier

Cool.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:11 PM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

I hope he sues the piss out of them. It appears as though he did absolutely nothing wrong.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:30 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

DNC was in my town h: And they arrested some drunk weaving about on the highway with a pickup full of bulletproof vests, weapons and explosives.

:edit: holy shit, it says beaver in bold across the top of that article
Old 08-30-2008, 03:35 PM
jconeab
got the nuts

he didn't do anything....
Old 08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Pete
Civilian

Werd, if he had a permit to carry and we wasn't in a government building or school grounds then he was arrested for no good reason. Doesn't say that he presented his permit when he was approached though.

I guess there is a bunch of guys that openly carry in NH and they have a picnic every few months during the year while open carrying in a public place just to express their right to the public and show that they have the right to do so and that there is no reason to be afraid. There always "happens" to be police monitoring them though.

Last edited by Pete; 08-30-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:08 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by LT
He's just demonstrating how small-town PA folk afraid of change will confide in their guns.

the looks of a neanderthal really do match the mental capacity sometimes

since when does exercising ones right and stating their beliefs have anything to do with being afraid of anything?
Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 PM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Originally Posted by rebeld
the looks of a neanderthal really do match the mental capacity sometimes

since when does exercising ones right and stating their beliefs have anything to do with being afraid of anything?