Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

So Obama was in town last night v. manwithgunarrested

Old 09-01-2008, 12:15 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:ugh:

Disorderly conduct? He was attending a public gathering, did not have to go through any security checkpoints and he did not break any laws.

I hope he sues the piss out of them.

Something like this:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/277...?showAll=y&c=y
Old 09-01-2008, 03:12 AM
useless
i like cheese

Originally Posted by Nightshade
He should have shot Obama.

yeah I said it
:ugh:
Old 09-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Tark

wow talk about a idiot...
Old 09-01-2008, 05:46 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

:rofl:

he "breached a security wall with a loaded handgun in plain sight"

well according the Penn law he was fully in compliance of the law, he passed NO security checkpoints to get to where he was standing and as far as i can tell was in full compliance with the laws

he was just "disrespectful" of obamas rally

i hope he sues the fuck out of them
Old 09-01-2008, 08:14 AM
BetterBob
Nobama

Just more Liberal anti gun people taking the rights away from people who are doing nothing wrong.

He did have a right to be there, and as he said, Obama's rights don't trump his.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by dubcac
All the states are different. Some require the ammo to be separate from the gun...so you'd have to carry a mag in your pocket.
What state
Old 09-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by rebeld
:rofl:

he "breached a security wall with a loaded handgun in plain sight"

well according the Penn law he was fully in compliance of the law, he passed NO security checkpoints to get to where he was standing and as far as i can tell was in full compliance with the laws

he was just "disrespectful" of obamas rally

i hope he sues the fuck out of them
I don't see where the police harmed him, withheld his property past questioning, held him for an excessively long time, or any of that. If he tried to sue he'd have almost no case.

This guy was a typical persecution complex douchebag that wanted this exact situation to happen to him (Complete with the apple and bible. lol). Unfortunately, the cops had their hands tied: With people complaining that there was a gun in plain sight, and considering the public safety element, I doubt the police could have realistically reacted in a different fashion.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by BetterBob
Just more Liberal anti gun people taking the rights away from people who are doing nothing wrong.

He did have a right to be there, and as he said, Obama's rights don't trump his.
No, but people have the right to be safe and secure, and considering that the vast majority of the domestic, politically charged shootings and bombings have been carried out by conservative nutbags...

Last edited by Epoch; 09-01-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
SeeCamGo
LIGHTS Army Soldier

Originally Posted by BetterBob

This.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:10 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by Epoch
I don't see where the police harmed him, withheld his property past questioning, held him for an excessively long time, or any of that. If he tried to sue he'd have almost no case.

This guy was a typical persecution complex douchebag that wanted this exact situation to happen to him (Complete with the apple and bible. lol). Unfortunately, the cops had their hands tied: With people complaining that there was a gun in plain sight, and considering the public safety element, I doubt the police could have realistically reacted in a different fashion.
actually considering the laws clearly state that open carry is 100% legal ... the cops had no right to arrest the man on the grounds that people complained.

there is a local group here that holds weekly meetings in a public park, everytime they get the cops called on them becuase people see this group all open carrying sidearms ... but everytime the cops have to explain to the people the legality of this and that they are not breaking laws.

it doesnt matter if they held him or not ... they had no right to hold him based on the laws, not to mention they are still holding his gun and they have charged him with a misdemeaner ... of which he is not guilty.

there is plenty of grounds for a lawsuit simply on the fact that the police violated this mans second amendment rights.

the realistic reaction would have been to let the man continue on since he was in fact breaking no laws.