Notices

Need a quiet SS CAT Exhaust w no performance gains

Old 06-29-2004, 05:01 PM
fatlard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a quiet SS CAT Exhaust w no performance gains

Hey Guys,

I really need your help big time. I drive my dad's car.. yes I drive my dad's car. Well, the exhaust went bad today and I need to replace it with another one. Well, since it isn't my car I am looking to replace the bad one with an identical in terms of noise. I want a system that will last a long time without any need for performace gains but I need durability. Any suggestions? besides meineke and carx cuz they sell aluminum. I need stainless steel
Old 06-29-2004, 09:55 PM
6soda

Assuming its for an nsx, there are lots of folks selling OEM exhausts. Shouldnt hurt your pocket too much either.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:12 PM
ED9man
driver

what is the stock exhaust made out of?
Old 07-02-2004, 07:19 PM
6soda

I want to say aluminum, but cant say for sure. It deffinately isnt stainless steel. My aftermarket exhaust is stainless and it doesnt look anything like OEM.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:20 PM
nsxtasy

Since you want an identical one in terms of noise, I would think you should first figure out what kind the current one is.

If it's stock, then 6soda is correct; there should be lots of used exhausts available at a reasonable cost from owners who have gone aftermarket.

However, there is an advantage in buying a new stock one from a dealer and having them install it: It then comes with a lifetime warranty, including parts AND LABOR, so it's the last one you'll ever have to pay for. (Places like Meineke and CarX don't usually give you a lifetime warranty that covers labor as well as parts.) Just one more thing to consider in making a decision.

Last edited by nsxtasy; 07-08-2004 at 01:22 PM.