Notices

New member...just introducing myself (few Q's)

Old 07-22-2002, 03:49 PM
SSRay350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member...just introducing myself (few Q's)

I'm almost definately selling my 99 SS Camaro and looking for a '91 hopefully '92 NSX. Looking to spend as little as possible and will live with anything under 90k miles as long as that service has been done. My budget is about $25 grand. I'm realistic, I know what that will get me. I checked out NSXprime and got all the references I need so I just need a VIN to run (for insurance)and to sell my car. Two question if someone will kindly take the time:

1) How much would you estimate for insurance costs for a 53 year old male with an excellent driving record with a 22 year old as part time driver? My Camaro insurance is $420 every 6 mon.

2) Where should I look for one at? I'm going to be shopping online. I live in Bristol TN so I'll go as far west as Texas, south as Florida, North as St. Louis or so, etc. These things are hard to find. Any tips will help.

Well, kinda long. Thanks. I think you guys will be more helpful to me than the punks on Ls1.com. Later...

Ray
Old 07-23-2002, 05:25 AM
nsxtasy

Default Re: New member...just introducing myself (few Q's)

Originally posted by SSRay350
1) How much would you estimate for insurance costs for a 53 year old male with an excellent driving record with a 22 year old as part time driver? My Camaro insurance is $420 every 6 mon.
Insurance rates vary tremendously by location, driving record, etc. You can't determine what your rates will be by hearing someone else's rates, because their situation is different from yours. The easiest way to find out rates is to call your insurance company and ask them. They should be able to tell you, before you decide to buy the car. Or, try an Internet quoting service like Insweb.

Originally posted by SSRay350
2) Where should I look for one at? I'm going to be shopping online. I live in Bristol TN so I'll go as far west as Texas, south as Florida, North as St. Louis or so, etc. These things are hard to find. Any tips will help.
Since you're looking on the net anyway, I would strongly suggest looking all over, and not limiting yourself to the Southeast. The more you limit yourself, the less likely you are to find the combination of price, year, color, etc you're looking for.

Here are some websites to check:

NSXprime

nsxsc.com

NSXchange

NSX Classifieds (James)

NSX Classifieds (Chris) (has been up and down)

Autotrader

Cars.com

and the Internet e-mail lists - particularly the Southeast NSX List.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:38 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Welcome:thumbup:
Old 07-23-2002, 04:45 PM

welcy to hany
Old 07-23-2002, 09:23 PM
SSRay350

nsxtasy, you're a lot of help. Thanks. I have a few questions I'd like to ask an expert. I'll send you a PM soon. But my mind is made up. It was either an NSX or a Skyline but the latter is too much trouble to fool with. I'm definately getting one and I'll let you know when. There's only 3 in this area, I wanna be flashy. Camaros are common, not flashy. And if any of you guys don't mind to help me look for one, preferably within 700 miles of Bristol, VA I'd really appreciate that. Oh, has to be under 30 grand though,realistically around 25k but I'm an expert negotiator. It makes it hard, I figured that out quick. Found a few already. And if Dan@countyone is a member, I'm to one who emailed ya. I like you guys, a lot better than those Camaro/Corvette hotheads. I can actually get INFORMATION instead of a redneck typing crap he doesn't understand. That is why this place exists, huh? Enough typing, keep it clean. Be back soon...

Ray
Old 07-25-2002, 04:37 AM
BonzoAPD

Good luck in your search. NSX's are such nice vehicles. You'll love it.