Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2004 Acura TL *undisguised*

Old 07-26-2003, 10:43 AM
ILuvItTheJDM
VEETEHK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh, the front looks good and so does the interior (gauges remind me a little of the ES300), but I can't deal with the rear. It just reeks of Pontiac.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:33 PM
socalprelude

Hate the rear, Love the front, Love the interior except I agree the steering wheel is too fat. I don't really want to say all and all how I like it because I know many times once you see the car in person it is completely different, I have a feeling it would look great when it is sitting right in front of me in traffic.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Tirod

omfg i love it!!! not one complaint here... and too bad the acura would be covered up :boink: idtp
Old 07-26-2003, 05:17 PM
BonzoAPD

wow that looks really good. Any news on the hp and drivetrain?
Old 07-26-2003, 05:59 PM
ben1233

Originally posted by socalprelude
Hate the rear, Love the front, Love the interior except I agree the steering wheel is too fat. I don't really want to say all and all how I like it because I know many times once you see the car in person it is completely different, I have a feeling it would look great when it is sitting right in front of me in traffic.
I don't get all these comments about the steering wheel being too fat. This is exactly how a steering wheel should be...fat! When I grab a wheel, I want to feel like speedy gonzalez. For instance the thickness and diameter of the S2000's wheel are perfect. The only thing I'm not sure about on the wheel is that semi-pentagonal buldge.

And yes...bigger wheels, but I guess that's what the Type-S will be reserved for.

Is is me or are there a lot of buttons? Although I bet its much simpler looking when actually sitting in the car.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:07 PM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

I hate the new TL's steering wheel, its just fat and ugly. :barf:

I like the 2003 TL's steering wheel more than that new one's, but I like my TSX's three spoke wheel the best. Also, my CR-V's steering wheel isn't that bad either.

I like my TSX's steering wheel. I just can't stand to look at that TL's wheel without saying big and "ugly"! :ugh:
Old 07-26-2003, 06:17 PM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

Other than that, I can get used to that car when I see it in person. The front looks like the TSX and I like how they made the exhausts, now people can't put fartcans on them. :thumbup:

Again the things I would like to see changed is steering wheel and the side thingy that goes from the front side signal to the rear side marker. :ugh:

The CR-V's steering wheel aren't bad, I like it, but minus those damned horn buttons, but oh wellz. I got used to them, yet Alice drives the V more than me. h:
Old 07-26-2003, 06:38 PM
velfarretokyo

If the TSX rides on standard 17"s, then it's a safe bet the TL will have standard 17"s, with the Type-S riding on 18"s. Those rims it has on in the spy shots look similar to the ones the concept used, and those were 18"s.

I read in a TSX forum that the engine displacement may have been bumped to 3.4 litres. Anyone else here rumors of the same thing? I'm not sure Honda would do that, since I think the new RL will use a 3.5L and the "new" Accord still uses its previous 3.0L engine with some major modifications.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:54 AM
OLDZ

I dunno why but I like it and I don't like it. From the front it looks like a Pontiac, and that strip running down the side of the car can go as well. The inside looks very good. H/A has done a nice job on this one. My only concern is the weight that it may have gained. If it is too much then the extra HP that it gains will be pretty much pointless...ala 2004 Maxima. But throw in the 6speed and AWD, and you have a winner. As far as looks go, I would rate this behind the A4 audi which IMO is the best looking
entry level luxury sedan.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:45 AM
AcuraFanatic

Where's my manual transmission. :eh: