Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Hyundai Big Sedan

Old 03-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Dorikin
530i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyundai Big Sedan

Hyundai Genesis

I'm back from the dead and here to say "Holy Shit". Alot of people on forums around the net are slagging this car and not taking it seriously. But this is going to be incredible, I am absolutely buying the hype. I've seen the new Veracruz and am more than likely going to be buying a Santa Fe for my mom's next car. Hyundai is making huge leaps and bounds and this car will be worth of the luxury segment.

With that said; it is a big car and it will more than likely be tuned towards comfort as opposed to sports. But its going to be using a ZF 6-speed auto (ala BMW 7-series) and an all-new V8. Should be interesting.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Ochdx

Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

camry ripoff
Old 03-26-2007, 05:07 PM
ILuvItTheJDM
VEETEHK

Originally Posted by ziggyziggy
camry ripoff
Well maybe, but I like it, and it has something the Camry never will: RWD. If only TOYOTA would copy THAT. Seriously, this is kind of a kick in the nuts to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. We know Honda doesn't really care for RWD except when it comes to sports cars, and Toyota has made it their policy during the last decade to hoard all RWD coupes and sedans for the Lexus line. And except for the Z car, Nissan too hoards RWD for their luxury brand.

But in all honesty Hyundai is the only Asian car maker in a position to bring this kind of car at this time to the US. Good for them. It seems this thing will pick up where the Cressida (one of my favorite Japanese cars ever) left off, they must have been channeling its spirit...

Anyway, this car seems to hold some certain promise, I'll be in the market for a new car about 5 years from now, and I can definitely see myself checking this thing out toward the end of its cycle.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Ochdx

Ok, so it's RWD, and so is Chrysler 300, so what? It's still a freaking Huyndai, and I have ZERO respect for them.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 PM
lexusis350

Many people are comparing it to a Lexus, so Lexus has to be worried. This car will offer Lexus options at a lower price (Radar Cruise Control, Standard V8, Smart Start, VD navigation with a backup camera, Bluetooth, separate USB and MP3 player input jacks, Surround Sound, HID headlights)

There is also word that this Hyundai will have the sportiness of a Mercedes and BMW. Bad news for Lexus (Not Bashing) and everyone knows it (Autoblog, Autospies, thehollywoodextra) and we all agree this will be better than a Lexus. Lexus should of made many of their cars offer more standard equipment at a lower price, this competition was bound to happen. Hyundai now offers what Lexus offers and at a lower price. Good thing other Luxury Automakers have their designs right and more options than this Hyundai can offer.

R.I.P: ES, IS, GS, LS

Lexus' only problem is pricing and sportiness. If they did make good cars, people would not bash them.

Hyundai is going to show Lexus how to make a luxury car. I think Hyundai should have opened a new brand for luxury like Acura, Lexus, Infiniti.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 PM
AcuraFanatic

Looks promising.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
98typeR

Originally Posted by Ochdx
Ok, so it's RWD, and so is Chrysler 300, so what? It's still a freaking Huyndai, and I have ZERO respect for them.
Grow up. That's what people said about Honda in the early 80's.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:58 AM
JGordon

I like the way it looks for the most part, but the Camry rear end needs to go. It also looks like it might ride a little high on those overly bling-bling wheels, bad news since concepts usually have a more aggressive stance than production vehicles. Drop it down an inch or so and it would look nice.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
DakarM

For a concept car it's not too terrible. I see some GS in the C pillar area and some 7 series/S class in the trunk. overall i guess it's meant to be a styling hint towards their newer cars. The front is too stylized like it is trying too hard to look different.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.