Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Honda Accord talk

Old 01-01-2006, 08:19 AM
skabone69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well technically they didn't screw up the 7th gen, the TSX is a great car.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:00 PM
autofreak

I like my 2005 Honda Accord EX very much, but that's just my opinion and other people have their own. The revised version of the 7th generation accord isn't all that bad either except for the way the chrome looks up front, other than that, it's pretty nice. The TSX is much smaller than the current accord and is to angular, in my opinion, the Acura TL is a work of art. Once again thanks for posting.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 PM
autofreak

Has anybody noticed that the 06' Camry 4cyl only has 157 hp while the 06' Accord has 166 hp. What do you guys think about that 06' Hyundai sonata (162 hp 4 cyl)? Honda has got their work cut out for them with the 2007 camry in my opinion.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
AcuraFanatic

Camry always appeals to the masses and isn't a driver car in any generation in any shape or form. Probably always will be. Accord tends to be more sporty.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:13 AM
sammyg10

I wouldn't say accords are sporty....more like camrys are "old-people" cars....IMO accords have always had an edge on camrys atleast as far as the interior is concerned..exterior too...accords are SOO much classier than camrys..camrys remind me a glorified scaled ford focus from the back (too high)......handling etc etc is relative...2008 camrys look too sporty...believe they are trying to blend in some solara features...cause nobody buys that piece of s*** ... i think they should stick to their standard semi-conservative look...though they did do an awesome job on the interior...honda has its work cut out...and im sure they wont disappoint...
Old 01-05-2006, 06:09 PM
jghall00

The 7th gen is rather bland, especially the coupe. Could it get any rounder and featureless? It needs some creases somewhere to draw the eye in.

The powertrain as always is excellent, but I think it's time Honda move to 6 speed trannies. I don't think the power can be increased much more without increasing torque steer beyond an acceptable limit, and I don't expect to see SH-AWD due to weight.

The Accord actually compares favorably to the Camry in sales, as Honda doesn't do fleet sales and Toyota does. Moreso then a better Accord, I wish Honda would bring some of their models from overseas (besides the Fit/Jazz). Particularly, I would like to see the Edix and JDM Odyssey sold here.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

Originally Posted by jghall00

The powertrain as always is excellent, but I think it's time Honda move to 6 speed trannies.
6sp manual? You can now get the 6sp in the V6 4dr, and the V6 coupe
since 03. But I would like to see it expanded to the 4cyl models.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

Working for a Honda dealer for 20 plus years, I know about as well as
anyone how good Honda keeps secrets even from dealers.
A year from now, we will still be guessing what the 2008 Accords
will be like.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
autofreak

i'm beginning to think that honda might even produce the 8th generation sooner since the camry will probably be coming out later this year and honda will have to keep up. i hope it comes out with blue tooth, HID/xenon headlamps, LEDs, and larger rims like 18 inchers (maxima comes standard with 18 in. and altima has it as an option), and more hp, and more torque. Does anybody really think of the altima or 06' sonota a real competition?
Old 01-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Jon02Accord

is it just me or does the center console on that camry look like nissan made it? it looks like every new nissan gray/silver look to me. i believe the recently new avalons have that similar look too.

the headlights look similar to the older civic headlights and the taillights look like a bmw set i saw the other day.

the whole front clip looks like the new mazda 3/6 series.

i dont see much original design in that blog post, just looks like they took ideas from the other cars and merged them together. i am sure it will be appealing to ppl and they will sell many, but i will stick with honda, and they will out do that camry without doubt.

ymmv