Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Spy pics: Honda Civic Coupe Si

Old 07-01-2005, 10:50 AM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smakdown
I don't like how the civics are following the accord route of getting much bigger over the years. I own a 94 accord sedan right now and the other day I was in the dealership and jumped into a current gen civic....The interior was just as big if not a little bigger my 94 accord It seems like they are trying to put in more interior room without sacrificing the overall exterior size of the car, which explains the wierd design of the short hood probably.
they have to get bigger. their competitors are getting better with each redesign, so honda has to follow suit. but like Paul said, the fit/jazz will come in under the civic and take the place that it used to hold (many many years ago)..
Old 07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
smakdown

Originally Posted by mayonaise
they have to get bigger. their competitors are getting better with each redesign, so honda has to follow suit. but like Paul said, the fit/jazz will come in under the civic and take the place that it used to hold (many many years ago)..
We all need bigger cars because our fat asses are too lazy to get up and exercise and we can no longer fit into the seats of our older cars....and people wonder why we are the most obese country in the world....
Old 07-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Troopa-R

Originally Posted by smakdown
It seems like they are trying to put in more interior room without sacrificing the overall exterior size of the car, which explains the wierd design of the short hood probably.
Sadly, Honda is the king of cab-forward design.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:05 PM
AcuraFanatic

Why can't anybody design good looking cars anymore? Shit.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:14 PM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

hmm not sure what to think
Old 07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
98typeR

I'll admit that Honda's designs are usually pretty conservative,but more timeless.Look back at the past civics,they have aged very well.To me,the '92 coupe still looks good,my 98 type r will look good forever!(ok,i'm biased!)
Old 07-03-2005, 11:40 PM
socalprelude

I think the coupe is amazing. Much better then any previous coupe. I don't see how anyone could complain about it. Even the major car magazines have had postive comments about the styling. The sedan looks a little too blocky, but overall they are much better then the current civic line.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:03 AM
sers

This is definetely a step ahead from the current model. I think you should all wait until the production version comes out - it's hard to tell by these covered up versions. I like that bulbous rear end of the sedan - it gives the car some stature and substance - just like the Mazda 3. Overall, I like the way these cars look. Honda's designs were getting too bland - they have to start taking some design risks. These cars will sell like hotcakes - again!
Old 07-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

I'm not sure what to think. The side profile is OK by me, but the front end doesn't look aggressive at all and reminds me of a Saturn, and the rear end is kind of strange and slanty. It reminds me of the Maxima's rear end.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The front looks like :ugh:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net