Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2006 Civic predictions & spy shots

Old 11-15-2004, 07:25 AM
adeslon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are we expecting for the 2006 civic ?

What are we expecting for the 2006 civic ?

Please take this forum to expresse your opinion of what honda should have on their civic 2006.

Engine
tire
car design conservative or more agressif

If you have photoshop picture of the 2006 civic. Please start to show to the honda-acura.net members what you thing the civic should be.

I love the Civic but it is time to make a big changes.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

1.8-2.0L k-series engine, 4 tires, steering wheel, radio. :dunno:
there probably won't be any spy pics or sketches until maybe march or around summer
Old 11-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Troopa-R

I still kind of think the next gen Civic should go back to it's more tuner friendly roots, but it sounds like Honda's aiming the Fit's US launch for that.

I would expect more of the same, really. The Civic's a pretty big car for a compact.

In terms of design, I'm expecting something bland to ugly, just judging from recent trends (Accord and Ridgeline). Probably a K-series engine around 2.0L

I believe the last Honda prez mentioned that they dropped the ball on the current Civic, so they may try to aim it a little more aggressive than the current Civic, but nothing radical. It'll probably me more Toyota than Nissan.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:44 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

this is what i'd figure honda would do

All Civics
- keep mac strut suspension (however it will be a much improved 2g design)
- power steering rack maybe improved over the 7g's design (frees up a lot of room in the engine bay and should make it easier for modifications)
- fairly conservative design so it ages well and doesn't look ugly too quickly

dx/lx/se models
- non vtec sohc maybe bumped up to 1.8 liters for more torque and hp (especially since the Fit will most likely get a 1.5-1.6 liter engine)

ex models
- this maybe where honda offers a fairly higher hp engine...it might offer the k20a2 (7g civic si) ~ 150-160hp

si model
- hb or coupe (lighter) maybe with higher tuned k20a2 or detuned k20a3 making ~ 180hp

crx?
- likely won't happen with Fit coming next year

Last edited by jaje; 11-16-2004 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:58 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Some points of what I think will happen.

Honda alternates with the Accord design. One generation conservative, the next, a little more expressive. And back again. The Civic generally gets bigger and more powerful, and some people say that the pattern with the Accord can be seen with the Civic as well.

The Civic should get bigger. The competition is sizing up as they bring microcars into their lineups (i.e. Scion) and the Fit is coming to slot under the Civic. The engine will get bigger. How much bigger, well, I think a 2.0 liter isn't too overzealous for my forecast.

The RSX will move upmarket slightly every year from 2005 until the end of the current model around 2007-2008. Acura doesn't really like to sell the base model except to get people to consider the model. They want to sell leather-equipped models and preferably the Type S. Hence a Civic Si will move in again to catch people who can't get a RSX or don't want such a specialty sports coupe.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:04 PM
velfarretokyo

Spy photos of the 2006 Civic 4-dr hatchback are on vtec.net and vwvortex.com
Old 11-16-2004, 06:43 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
Spy photos of the 2006 Civic 4-dr hatchback are on vtec.net and vwvortex.com
it looks... interesting
Old 11-16-2004, 09:06 PM
mayonaise

Default 2006 Civic spyshots

Here are the first shots of the 2006 Honda Civic: lower-slung, sportier and altogether less MPV-like than the current car. Expect three- , four- and five-door versions in Europe, and we may also get a Coupe - said to have an S2000-like long nose - this next time around. The European and American versions will share far more components in the new range, in a bid to cut
http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...nda-civic.html

could it be? If true, it'd be a radical departure from the current generation. I'm assuming the car in these spyshots is the 3-door. It resembles the CRX, if only for the rear hatch, "spoiler" and window. If this is one version of the '06 civic, i'm hoping those aren't the real body panels, and they're some bubbly plastic honda bolted on to disguise the design (like they did with the new legend). doesn't look much like it, tho

edit: after looking at the pics a bit more, the front end looks pretty good. very TSX-like. It's the rear that bothers me. looks like a daewoo
Old 11-16-2004, 11:46 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

Originally Posted by mayonaise
looks like a daewoo
couldnt have said it any better :ugh:
Old 11-16-2004, 11:47 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

Originally Posted by iNteGraz92
1.8-2.0L k-series engine, 4 tires, steering wheel, radio. :dunno:
there probably won't be any spy pics or sketches until maybe march or around summer
or today.. hehe

Last edited by MrFatbooty; 11-17-2004 at 11:00 AM.