Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2006 Civic predictions & spy shots

Old 11-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its too sloped like a saturn coupe
Old 11-22-2004, 01:24 PM
velfarretokyo

Lets hope that the Civic Si will actually put up a fight this time against the new wave of performance compacts. Even the 200hp K20A isn't enough for the new round of offerings. I think the one to beat in terms of overall performance is the new GTI.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
Even the 200hp K20A isn't enough for the new round of offerings. I think the one to beat in terms of overall performance is the new GTI.
Um, the new GTI has 200 hp. :thinking:

Yeah yeah I know, the turbo motor means easy big hp upgrades.

But...so does the K20A2. With a proper CAI, a nice exhaust setup and some Hondata tuning it can make it over 200 hp to the wheels. Not to mention that the K20Z from the '05 RSX-S has 10 hp more due to the JDM ITR's intake setup (kinda moot if you get a CAI) and hotter cams. It can be opened up even more than the K20A2.

So let's say the RSX dies soon. The new Civic hot hatch gets the K20Z, the 6-speed, the RSX-S/CTR brakes, and keeps the weight around 2700 lbs. That'd be a fine car.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:23 PM
velfarretokyo

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
Um, the new GTI has 200 hp. :thinking:

Yeah yeah I know, the turbo motor means easy big hp upgrades.

But...so does the K20A2. With a proper CAI, a nice exhaust setup and some Hondata tuning it can make it over 200 hp to the wheels. Not to mention that the K20Z from the '05 RSX-S has 10 hp more due to the JDM ITR's intake setup (kinda moot if you get a CAI) and hotter cams. It can be opened up even more than the K20A2.

So let's say the RSX dies soon. The new Civic hot hatch gets the K20Z, the 6-speed, the RSX-S/CTR brakes, and keeps the weight around 2700 lbs. That'd be a fine car.
The new GTI has 200hp, but it also has 207 lbs/ft. of torque, which makes the K20A2 pale in comparison. Its not just the engine, but the overall car. The 02/03 Si's came with 15" tires - what the heck is that??? I'm just hoping that Honda takes the Si seriously this time around.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The RSX-S is reason the EP3 Si isn't serious.

Honda could easily give the EP3 Si reasonably sized wheels, good sized brakes, 200-210 hp and a 6-speed transmission while keeping the weight at least 200 lbs lower than the GTI, but then it would have identical specs to the RSX-S (and CTR).

As long as Acura is selling something like the RSX, Honda is not going to sell a car in the United States that steps on the RSX's toes.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:44 PM
rb6teg

I think it looks cool. I'm excited to see how this things turns out.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:03 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

well the ctr with only 200hp is quite competitive with the focus RS (200+hp turbo) and only slightly (tenths of a second) slower than Tiff Needle could hustle them around a road circuit in a 5th Gear show...that is evidence that a big powerful engine isn't the sole recipe for quickness (of which vw has forgotten its original origins of the GTI...now they are like saabs with big powerful & torquey engines but in a heavy and bloated fwd platform)
Old 11-27-2004, 06:50 AM
DriveItLikeItsS
Reapn the Streets

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
The new GTI has 200hp, but it also has 207 lbs/ft. of torque, which makes the K20A2 pale in comparison. Its not just the engine, but the overall car. The 02/03 Si's came with 15" tires - what the heck is that??? I'm just hoping that Honda takes the Si seriously this time around.
The idea of honda doing anything but naturally aspirated is out of the? honda usually give tuners a rawdesign that allows tuners to put there on edge own it... you want bigger wheels? all that is gonna do is slow you down... rotational mass is a bitch.... i think they will go with 2.0 k series maybe on the ex model offer the current k20 in the si with 160hp(honda has been at 127hp for ex for over 10 years... they need more hp) and for the si, a coupe with around 200hp.... face it unless u you get v6 in a civic torque is out of the? the gti 1.8t is a mean engine... but youll spend most of ur time at vdubs getting new coil packs and other stupid vw probs... honda is known for reliability and theyre not gonna risk it. so expect low torque nums as usual... but ill take a k series any day doesnt take much to get a k series powered car into the high 13's n/a with a good driver... i mean look at the competition, subaru wrx base(turbo help) is mid 14 car stock... srt 4 low 14's high 13's . svt focus is still junk... celica still gets its ass cracked by rsx's.. 1.8t gti in stock form is low 15's( hell my 00 si give STOCK gti's a run for their money....) i mean in stock form the competition isnt that fierce... stock times not all that impressive considering most of the competition is a turbo or supercharged motor(sadturd ion) sorry not tryn to piss of the world... just my 2 cents honda = practicality. not turbo madness(stock of course)
Old 11-27-2004, 01:55 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Just a simple and obvious point for future discussion I'd like to add here. h:
Totally open for you to use as a reference point when you're analyzing what's going on.

The RSX cannot go anywhere but upmarket as it moves with Acura. It does seem to me that Acura may keep it in the lineup but move it closer up to the TSX. Hey, we're talking heated mirrors already! Then again, I don't expect to see a RSX with 200 hp just like the TSX on the base trim/model. Huh.

In any case, the new Civic Si coupe will be plenty powerful and Acura will continue to make its coupe more powerful but also better-endowed featurewise.

It's a win-win!
Old 11-27-2004, 02:43 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I think when the next Integra comes out, it should be sold in the USA as a Honda. As an Acura, a certain degree of luxury fru fru is somewhat expected with the territory. But as a Honda, it would make more sense to have a trim level which has the performance goodies without necessarily saddling the car with leather seats, Bose stereos and whatnot. The luxo goodies could still be made available in an EX trim or something. They could even call it the Honda Integra and all the JDM fanboys would go nuts.