Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2006 Civic predictions & spy shots

Old 11-17-2004, 01:16 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya ya, but I pointed out the trend towards fastbacks as why the spy pics could be of the new Civic. h:
Old 11-17-2004, 07:31 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by jaje
the car is almost completely covered by tarp to disguise its origins and shape...i don't know how you can already make a judgement on its looks...i usually wait until i can see what the car will actually look like
it may be covered by tarp, but the tarp adheres to the body panels. you can still see what the physical shape of the car will be, but you can't see finite details like the shape of the tail lights, etc.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:35 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

saying a big black tarp that can affix to the metal underneath is not the same as seeing its actual lines and sheetmetal...the wheels, bumpers, sideskirts, spoilers etc are not determined what will go on the production car...even the light assembly maybe changed

mfgrs have also been quite clever in using fitted covers that actually disguise large parts of the car...bmw is quite known for this as the overall shape of the car is quite hard to see...on this car look at the back window where you can't tell if that is a fake spoiler or does the window go down ever farther

it's like the old cliche "don't judge a book based on its cover" but in this case you can't even make out what the cover really looks like so you are making a judgment without seeing what the cover really looks like
Old 11-18-2004, 01:20 AM
mayonaise

saying a big black tarp that can affix to the metal underneath is not the same as seeing its actual lines and sheetmetal...the wheels, bumpers, sideskirts, spoilers etc are not determined what will go on the production car...even the light assembly maybe changed

mfgrs have also been quite clever in using fitted covers that actually disguise large parts of the car...bmw is quite known for this as the overall shape of the car is quite hard to see...on this car look at the back window where you can't tell if that is a fake spoiler or does the window go down ever farther

it's like the old cliche "don't judge a book based on its cover" but in this case you can't even make out what the cover really looks like so you are making a judgment without seeing what the cover really looks like
Originally Posted by mayonaise
If this is one version of the '06 civic, i'm hoping those aren't the real body panels, and they're some bubbly plastic honda bolted on to disguise the design (like they did with the new legend).
reeaaaaaaaaaad first

i don't think it looks that way, but it could be that those are fake body panels. people are mostly commenting on what the car looks like in those photos. if it turns out to look nothing like that, big woop
Old 11-18-2004, 04:45 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by mayonaise
reeaaaaaaaaaad first

i don't think it looks that way, but it could be that those are fake body panels. people are mostly commenting on what the car looks like in those photos. if it turns out to look nothing like that, big woop
my post was responding to both yours and LostJRs b/c you had similar points
Old 11-18-2004, 07:30 AM
velfarretokyo

If no one has already said this, it looks like the Daewoo hatchbacks that were sold a few years ago. Or another good comparison would be the Suzuki Reno.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:18 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
If no one has already said this, it looks like the Daewoo hatchbacks that were sold a few years ago. Or another good comparison would be the Suzuki Reno.
The Suzuki Reno is the same car as the Daewoo Lanos.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:17 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

3 posts by adeslon and they are only thread starters?...like to start up conversations but not participate in them?
Old 11-18-2004, 06:35 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

3 posts by adeslon and they are only thread starters?...like to start up conversations but not participate in them?
Nah this is his second one. I merged it with a spy shot thread and changed the title.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:36 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Well it's been "confirmed" by The Car Connection that this is indeed the European market 5-door hatch.

Also some larger pics (click em):