Notices

What Brand/Model Helmet do you use?

Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISP James
darkstarr do you have any pics of your helmet?

i drove my father in laws bike yesterday, he has a half face helmet with full shield.... it was nice i felt like i could see 100% field of vision. I have CTS full face helmet, it came with the bike... i dont really like it, doesnt fit well and i dont feel like i can see as well as i'd like to. I'd like to go with half face but the fear of doing a face plant and destroying my face.... :nervous: the strange thing about that, i dont worry about wearing a jacket or anything like that. do need to get some decent riding boots though...

It looks just like that except its glossy black. I wear an XXL. If yours is an XXL Id be willin to trade if that was an option for ya. Ill get you a real picture tomorrow.

Also, tonight was the first night of my motorcycle course. It was classroom but it was awesome! Tomorrow and thurs are range time. Repeat next week.

Earlier today.. my mother saw me on the bike.. Im awaiting my impending doom. :nervous:

Last edited by DarkStarr; 07-09-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Megatron
TF-Plasticrack Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkstarr

Also, tonight was the first night of my motorcycle course. It was classroom but it was awesome! Tomorrow and thurs are range time. Repeat next week.

The MSF course I took was very worthwhile and fun. The instructors constantly repeat and reinforce the basics. Also, it was very reassuring to have an instructor there to immediately correct any improper technique before it became an ingrained habit.

I have two memorable moments from class:

On my first try at a straight line emergency stop, I locked the rear wheel. Before the exercise, the instructors must have repeated a bazillion times "If your rear wheel locks, keep it locked! Don't highside on us." So instead of panicking like a complete idiot, I just did what they said. I repeated the exercise a few more times and got it right.

Slow speed slalom through offset cones into a tight 90 degree turn. At the end of the course, this was one of the skills tested. At the time, I completely hated it but I now understand and appreciate why they had us do it.

Earlier today.. my mother saw me on the bike.. Im awaiting my impending doom. :nervous:
:noes:

Last edited by Megatron; 07-09-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by Megatron
The MSF course I took was very worthwhile and fun. The instructors constantly repeat and reinforce the basics. Also, it was very reassuring to have an instructor there to immediately correct any improper technique before it became an ingrained habit.

I have two memorable moments from class:

On my first try at a straight line emergency stop, I locked the rear wheel. Before the exercise, the instructors must have repeated a bazillion times "If your rear wheel locks, keep it locked! Don't highside on us." So instead of panicking like a complete idiot, I just did what they said. I repeated the exercise a few more times and got it right.

Slow speed slalom through offset cones into a tight 90 degree turn. At the end of the course, this was one of the skills tested. At the time, I completely hated it but I now understand and appreciate why they had us do it.

:noes:
Yeah I simply cannot wait to go back.. I almost didnt go just because I didnt feel like doing much of anything monday night, but I am super glad I went..

..hehe yeah. Mom dont know about any of this yet (well, didnt). I was gonna let my parents know when I got my license. Ah well.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:29 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

It looks just like that except its glossy black. I wear an XXL. If yours is an XXL Id be willin to trade if that was an option for ya. Ill get you a real picture tomorrow.
thats cool

the only size indicated on my helmet is 58 :dunno:

if you want to sell that helmet, let me know... as long as it hasnt been banged off the driveway or anything oh yeah and as long as my head is xxl h:

Last edited by ISP James; 07-10-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:40 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i had a friend that took the MSF class after a year of riding and said it was still way worth it... he realized some of his bad habits and learned a lot of new stuff too....

i want to take it to learn and hopefully meet somebody to ride with. none of my local friends ride
Old 07-10-2007, 05:07 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

thats cool

the only size indicated on my helmet is 58 :dunno:

if you want to sell that helmet, let me know... as long as it hasnt been banged off the driveway or anything oh yeah and as long as my head is xxl h:
i had a friend that took the MSF class after a year of riding and said it was still way worth it... he realized some of his bad habits and learned a lot of new stuff too....

i want to take it to learn and hopefully meet somebody to ride with. none of my local friends ride
Just got back from my 2nd night! We did our first 4 exercises, which were very basic but still beneficial, as it taught me how to properly ride. Also saw a cutie .. cant wait till thursday!

James, if you can find out if your head is an XXL or not (just try on some helmets at a shop) that would be cool. If its the same size its all yours, Ill give you a deal on it.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Megatron
TF-Plasticrack Crew

My friends don't ride either. Don't let that stop you. That just means that you'll be the first to do it. If you're outgoing enough, you'll make friends quick in the class.

Just got back from my 2nd night! We did our first 4 exercises, which were very basic but still beneficial, as it taught me how to properly ride. Also saw a cutie .. cant wait till thursday!
Friction Zone, Straight line in 1st gear. Riding around in an oval. I miss going to that class

We had a couple cuties in class. One was engaged, and off limits. One was a total babe, tall, blonde, educated, worked as a project director for a charitable foundation, and all around cool :boink:
Old 07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
jdmhead

shoei x11 kiyonari blue and white
Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
klik29

Gotta full-face KBC,,HJC,,Fulmer ($120.00-145.00) and a beanie (skull lid) ($30.00) Simpsons are the nicest, very light weight($350.00+). If you get a full-face go ahead and buy a tinted viser.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

James, I have a box and tons of peanuts for the helmet. Let me know if you want it.. I think I might go look at full faces tomorrow.