Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

2006 honda CR-V..took car to NTB for oil change now car wont start??

Old 05-10-2012, 05:48 AM
mwelsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 honda CR-V..took car to NTB for oil change now car wont start??

Car drove fine into thier shop. In fact they talked my sister into a oil change..After oil change was done car wouldn't strart. All the techs were hovering over her hood. They say would be $3000 to fix...They said timing jumped a couple of teeth. They will not entertain the question if they tried to start it without oil in car when doing oil change. Now car is getting a code of P1009...I am going round and round with them ...My mechanic said he thinks they did start it without oil in car. What do you think?? Is it possible that running in for a bit without oil car could of jumped time? They say its just a fluke that timing chain could of jumped anywhere...To me kind of ironic that it happened in thier bay right after changing oil!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Carbuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consumer Reports drove a car with no oil in it for 15 miles before it had a problem. (This, a test of an additive-maker's claim)

So, I don't think they could have caused the problem the way you said.

P1009 is a VTEC solenoid problem. NOT a $3000 job...more like $300. It is external to the engine on the front passenger side IIRC.