Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

3 person rear seat for Element?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 AM
joeffemt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 person rear seat for Element?

Hello Honda Readers,

I was wondering if anyone knew of the availability of a 3 person rear seat for the Honda Element, possibly aftermarket? I would like to convert the 2 person removable seat system to a safe 3 person bench type seat with 3 seatbelts for my three children, without any extensive modifications.

Thank you for any advise.
Joe from Baltimore, MD
Old 07-24-2011, 10:24 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

As far as I know, no one has offered or intends to offer a three-passenger rear seat conversion for the Element.
As far the aftermarket is concerned, the potential liabilities are huge; the market is very small.
Anyone needing to seat three people in the back would have bought a CR-V instead.

And since the Element goes out of production at the end of the year, I would not expect to find a solution.

If you must fit three children in the back seat, the CR-V is the only compact Honda SUV that can do it.
But if more than one of them requires a child seat or a booster, there may not be enough width in a CR-V.
You may need a Pilot instead.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 07-24-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 AM
mwatters

I know most people's initial response to a mini-van is yuck, but the redesigned Honda Odyssey has more curb appeal than any mini-van in history, the interior is incredibly plush, up to date and comfortable, and it'll seat your three children plus friends with ease. Just some food for thought...