Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Trans fluid level, 2004 Pilot.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:26 PM
ZoneIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans fluid level, 2004 Pilot.

As you know,the trans for a 2004 Pilot is supposed to take 3.2 quarts of trans fluid with a single change. But mine takes nearly 5 quarts! That's how much drains and that's how much it takes to get the proper reading on the dipstick using the proper reading method. Has anyone else found this to be the case? When I put in 3.2 quarts, it doesn't even register on the dipstick. I don't know if the recall modification might have something to do with this (possibly increased trans fluid capacity?) or not but it concerns me and I would appreciate any advice about this. The trans has never had a problem and it shifts perfectly. It has 92,000 miles on it. So my choice is: Fill it with 3.2 quarts of fluid as the specs say or put in the amount that drained which is also the amount that brings it up to proper level on the dipstick. I chose the latter but I would like to hear from anyone who may have anything to say about this.

I'm glad that I do all my own work because, if I had taken this somewhere and had someone else do it, they may have just put in 3.2 quarts without noticing that it drains nearly five quarts. If they didn't check the dipstick, I might be nearly two quarts low if it should read properly on the dipstick.

Last edited by ZoneIII; 03-19-2011 at 10:22 AM.