Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

05 CR-V Water Leak

Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 AM
acguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 CR-V Water Leak

Read about it, heard about it, now got it.

05 CR-V EX Driver side floor wet and stinky. Carpet, and insulation under carpet is soaked after a medium sized rain. Water 9is along driver's floor line from left fake pedal pad to about the driver seat mount. I didn't fold the carpet up to see how far inboard it came yet.

Smells like a nicely plugged toilet every time I open the door to get in. I already poured water down the Sunroof drain, and it came right out on the ground near the front mud flap like it is supposed to. Now I am going to be attempting to disassemble the cowl, and inner fender, and have my stunt helper (wife) pour water here and there until drips of water fall on my head as I lay upside down, backwards under the wheel and dash with my feet to the sky.

I have bragged on this car since we got it, saying how perfect it has been. No real problems to mention. Let's hope this is an easy one to fix.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Carbuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try dousing the door glass with water too... some Fits would leak out of the door panel onto the carpet.