Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Is a Pilot too much of a family vehicle (van) or will it suit a 28 year old active ma

Old 06-24-2002, 09:30 AM
medex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a Pilot too much of a family vehicle (van) or will it suit a 28 year old active ma

I plan on getting a new vehicle soon and have always had cars. I was planning on getting the Infiniti G35 as soon as the manual comes but now I am interested in the Pilot. The police have increased watch and I have rec'd 3 tickets in the past 4 months so an SUV would definately help slow things down.
I have never had an SUV - always cars. I do not have a family so the 8 seats are not that important. I carry lots of sporting gear in the trunk and usually borrow truck 6 times or so a year for things my car will not hold. Living in Canada means that the all wheel drive would be a huge bonus.
Is a Pilot too much of a family vehicle (van) or will it suit a 28 year old active male??
Old 06-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Jeff TYPE R
Crazy AE86 dude.

You sound like you need an Element.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:13 AM
LiuBei

I think you and I are in the same boat. I am 20 and I want to get a 2004 model year Pilot. Mainly to haul around all my military junk and friends. I am very active and just can't always fit everything and everyone in my Civic. Pilots are cool, I don't think that they are just another family SUV.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:49 AM
Jeff TYPE R
Crazy AE86 dude.

You also need an Element.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:49 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is a Pilot too much of a family vehicle (van) or will it suit a 28 year old active ma

Originally posted by medex
I plan on getting a new vehicle soon and have always had cars. I was planning on getting the Infiniti G35 as soon as the manual comes but now I am interested in the Pilot. The police have increased watch and I have rec'd 3 tickets in the past 4 months so an SUV would definately help slow things down.
I have never had an SUV - always cars. I do not have a family so the 8 seats are not that important. I carry lots of sporting gear in the trunk and usually borrow truck 6 times or so a year for things my car will not hold. Living in Canada means that the all wheel drive would be a huge bonus.
Is a Pilot too much of a family vehicle (van) or will it suit a 28 year old active male??
I don't understand why you just don't get a CR-V in that case...loads cheaper. Why not just get the G35 and a Valentine One radar detector? I've had my V1 for 80,000+ miles of my driving life and NEVER gotten a moving violation...and I drive FAST.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:50 PM
AcuraFanatic

Jeff, your posts are incredibly useful and insightful.

If you don't need the 8-passenger seating, and the Element is a bit too extreme for you, the CR-V is excellent. It has a smooth ride, a choice of either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic and a slick 2.4 liter i-VTEC 160HP powerplant. Best news is a loaded CR-V will cost you thousands less than a base Pilot.

The CR-V excells in cargo space as well, especially given it's size.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:59 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
You also need an Element.
:jlammy:
Old 06-27-2002, 04:00 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
You sound like you need an Element.
:jlammy:
Old 06-27-2002, 07:40 AM
LiuBei

I was planning on getting a CRV, but waited til the Pilot came out. I'm glad, I like the CRV but it is too small for me. I'm too tall to sit and drive comfortably in it and I think I would get far more usage out of the Pilot. The Element? It doesn't LOOK like my kind of vehicle.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:52 PM
medex

The radar detector probably works great in the states but in canada they take it and give you another ticket - it doesn't matter what speed you are going, if it is plugged in they can detect that you have one. As for the CRV, the new design looks great but it doesn't have much in the way of luxury, power, or size. It seems more of a great car for a starting family but doesn't do much for me. I appreciate all the feedback, thanks guy.

Quick Reply: Is a Pilot too much of a family vehicle (van) or will it suit a 28 year old active ma