Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

2009 MDX Horn issues

Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 AM
09MDX_Stro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 MDX Horn issues

Has anyone had any car horn issues with the 2009 Acura MDX? The issue I am having is that the car horn will go off by itself and start honking when I first turn on the car and making left or right turns. The horn will sound for as long as i have the steering wheel turned. When I start the car and put it in reverse the car will honk and I would need to put it in park to turn it off. These issues are intermittent.

Thanks
Joe C
Old 12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
cruzalekz

one of your wire n the steering column is grounding to the body when its not supposed to.... for now, check your underhood and underdash fuse boxes and look for the horn fuse and hopefully you have one. just take it off temporary until you have time to resolve the issue.
after you took the fuse out, start the car and check all your lights. if lights or any important accesory aare off, you could put the fuse back on.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 AM
adr5

Originally Posted by cruzalekz
one of your wire n the steering column is grounding to the body when its not supposed to.... for now, check your underhood and underdash fuse boxes and look for the horn fuse and hopefully you have one. just take it off temporary until you have time to resolve the issue.
after you took the fuse out, start the car and check all your lights. if lights or any important accesory aare off, you could put the fuse back on.
I would recommend against pulling the fuse. If you pull the fuse you are left with no horn. It is better to put up with the ocassional honk than to not have a horn when you need. it.

You should just take the car into the dealer as a 2009 should still be covered under warranty.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:33 PM
slomofo

Go to dealer
Warranty the horn contact/airbag
???
Profit